The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Looking For Agility Or Flyball Classes In S Yorks.

Vaughan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to find out any agility or flyball classes around Barnsley I can take my Whippet x Bedlington to. I think he would excel and love these classes. Does anyone on here do these classes with their lurchers??

Hi, Im in Barnsley too, and currently take my lil whippet x fox terrier when i get chance.

"My pet stop "at leeds does, but it a bit far and its on a Friday night!!

Have you done any before? Here it is about £6 per session, and you just get to go in turns around the equipment - no real training and they dont compete either. But its ok to see if your dog enjoys it.

There is a club at Holmefirth that im wanting to join too. Ill get details and let you know. They used to training at woodnook, but i think its some where midgley area now?? :wacko:

There arnt many clubs in our area thou (the only barnsley one closed down! :rant: ) so you will have to travel, a few in Rotherham but more of the M18 side so pretty far to go.

I'm not in your area but I do compete at agility with my 2 lurchers. There are quite a lot of lurchers doing it, some really good dogs.

My older one has just had two 3rd places this weekend. (have a look in general dog discussion if you're interested)

There is a website called AGILITYNET where I'm sure there is a list of training clubs. Also you could ask the Kennel Club for your nearest club.

Good Luck but be warned....you'll become totally addicted (w00t)

Julie

Vaughan said:
Hi, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to find out any agility or flyball classes around Barnsley I can take my Whippet x Bedlington to. I think he would excel and love these classes. Does anyone on here do these classes with their lurchers??
a friend of mine at work does flyball in sheffield somewhere. he's going to get me the number. i'll post it tomorrow.

Bellefire said:
Vaughan said:
a friend of mine at work does flyball in sheffield somewhere. he's going to get me the number. i'll post it tomorrow.

I SEE WHAT MUM MEANS NOW :thumbsup: AND ONCE AGAIN SORRY :b

Wakefield Dog Training Club do both agility and flyball.

I used to do flyball with my lurcher, and they're a really nice team.

The club is £12 a year to join, then it was £2 a time for training.

They have a website with phone numbers on, the club is in Ossett-

2 mins from the M1.

Agilitynet address here:

http://www.agilitynet.com/

They have a page with clubs throughout UK and you can look via region or club name.

Enjoy!

Lurchers love it, but owners have the patience of a saint!

Oscar's favourite trick is to 'roach' in the competition ring having gone over at least three jumps in the wrong order and if I'm lucky, a tunnel as well!

'Elimination' is our second name... ;)

Fiona

Back