The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Living in london with a dog

jennijohanna

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am new to this forum and the reason I joined is that I am currently planning to relocate to London from Helsinki, Finland for work. My main concern at the moment is if I can bring my dog along with me. I have heard renting in London can be a nightmare even without any furry friends so this dilemma is now the only thing standing between me and my dream of living in the UK.

So my question: is it possible to find a rental apartment/shared house when moving with a dog?

My dog is fairly small, really shy, kind, quiet and clean, so there will be no problems as long as someone is just willing to rent us an apartment :) I am afraid no landlord will even consider us.

My future work will probably be located in Kingston or even Watford, are those areas easier to find pet friendly housing? Are there some other peaceful/nice neighbourhoods you would recommend? And still be fairly close to London..

My future employee is offering me some kind of dormitory-style accommodation for the first few months so I can start apartment hunting after I have moved and started working.

Thank you so much, this seems like a nice forum! :)

-Jenni

Sorry have no experience of London but wish you luck! There is a website called Lets with Pets that the Dogs Trust are involved in. It is meant for Landlords to advertise on when they are happy to accept pets. Dogs Trust get many dogs handed in when owners can not find accommodation that will take them. We are a dog loving nation but landlords are a breed of their own.

Yes, I've had friends struggle finding themselves a nice home to rent as they have dogs. There are landlords that accept dogs, but it takes a quite a bit of searching to find the right home for you and your dog!

Back