The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Live Hare Coursing

Hare1.jpg

Hare2.jpg

Bedlam said:
A friend used it over greyhounds and a few of his deerhound blooded dogs and non had his pace.im sure it never bred anything of any good when used over coursing bitches.

the weather was bad that yr, snowed for the first and second day and only became clear for the final.

its a pity folks will never get to see such great moments again

I remember it well , it was bloody cold our car got well and truly stuck on the 2nd day at Lydiate and we had to get a towed out by a tractor (w00t)

Martin Tucker said:
Come to Ireland for the park coursing and the fastest dogs in the world !
Heres SIENNA STEEL and GENESER TRAIL in last months Connaught Cup final in Loughrea !

CCFinal.jpg

I went park coursing a few years back (about 6) can't say it was my cup of tea, I prefere open coursing.

its better then nothing but the fastest dog wins, its not coursing more like hare chasing.

i have been to clonmel several times and always enjoy it, cost me an arm and a leg in beer money and digs :b

well I dont care I still go coursing and always will and as for breaking the law so and before the do gooders say anything put yr hand on yr heart and tell me you have never broke the speed limit or parked on a double yellow.

I will not let anyone who doesnt understand the countryside tell me what I can and cant do on the field

shameless52 said:
well I dont care I still go coursing and always will and as for breaking the law so and before the do gooders say anything put yr hand on yr heart and tell me you have never broke the speed limit or parked on a double yellow.I will not let anyone who doesnt understand the countryside tell me what I can and cant do on the field

:cheers: hope this little confession doesnt come back to haunt you :sweating: theres an article on page3 of the countrymans this week about them clamping down on it.i`m sure theres still plenty still doing it and always will :- " i wonder how many of them i see driving on the phone everyday would condemn harecoursing?

opps, so running 3 hares on a sunday afternoon with my whippets is naughty :b

chill36 said:
shameless52 said:
well I dont care I still go coursing and always will and as for breaking the law so and before the do gooders say anything put yr hand on yr heart and tell me you have never broke the speed limit or parked on a double yellow.I will not let anyone who doesnt understand the countryside tell me what I can and cant do on the field

:cheers: hope this little confession doesnt come back to haunt you :sweating: theres an article on page3 of the countrymans this week about them clamping down on it.i`m sure theres still plenty still doing it and always will :- " i wonder how many of them i see driving on the phone everyday would condemn harecoursing?
they tell me quite openly that they will catch me and I've no doubt they will and I already have convictions for it, but I aint stopping, would you stop eating meat if they banned that as well?

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Right with the future of Mr Brown & Co in doubt we might well see a new government that might repealed the Hunting act so lets see who on the forum would course the ultimate quarry for any running dog The Brown Hare if this were to happen.
I would without doubt course. :thumbsup:

You wana come over to Ireland for a few weeks.Plenty of good coursing to be had over here.

Bedlam said:
i have been to clonmel several times and always enjoy it, cost me an arm and a leg in beer money and digs :b

u going to clonmel this year ? was ther last year and had a great few days... hoping to go along this year

after xmas would be nice but i cant see it, silly money to enjoy myself

Mark Roberts said:
Martin Tucker said:
Come to Ireland for the park coursing and the fastest dogs in the world !
Heres SIENNA STEEL and GENESER TRAIL in last months Connaught Cup final in Loughrea !

CCFinal.jpg

I went park coursing a few years back (about 6) can't say it was my cup of tea, I prefere open coursing.

I prefer REAL coursing,, live quarry,, no muzzles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont we all, its not the best way but better then nothing.

Back