The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Live Hare Coursing

Pennymeadow Whippets

Registered
Reaction score
Right with the future of Mr Brown & Co in doubt we might well see a new government that might repealed the Hunting act so lets see who on the forum would course the ultimate quarry for any running dog The Brown Hare if this were to happen.

I would without doubt course. :thumbsup:

I must admit, I can't see that this topic is entirely necessary from a 'will you won't you point of view' as I believe in each to his own.

That said...I'd love to see this lad on the back of a hare as well as the bunnies :D

TCx

7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TC said:
I must admit, I can't see that this topic is entirely necessary from a 'will you won't you point of view' as I believe in each to his own.
That said...I'd love to see this lad on the back of a hare as well as the bunnies  :D

TCx

7b.jpg

I think mr pennymeadow must see it as relevant as he would not have asked the question.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sparky said:
TC said:
That said...I'd love to see this lad on the back of a hare as well as the bunnies  :D

TCx

7b.jpg

Hair or HARE.. WHICH ONE.

LOL I was talking on the phone and typing at the same time (w00t)

TC said:

That said...I'd love to see this lad on the back of a hare as well as the bunnies :D

TCx

This topic is not a will you won't you topic its just to see who would if the chance arose would course the ultimate quarry im not intrested in who won't :)

rabbit.gif

sparky said:
TC said:

TCx

7b.jpg

I think mr pennymeadow must see it as relevant as he would not have asked the question.. :D

Why have you edited your post Sparky :blink:

I'm sure he does and I'm sure he will speak for himself :thumbsup: I just wondered if it was necessary to do another them and us thread that's all :*

TCx

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
TC said:

TCx

This topic is not a will you won't you topic its just to see who would if the chance arose would course the ultimate quarry im not intrested in who won't :)

rabbit.gif

That's cool then 8)

TCx

TC said:
sparky said:
TC said:

TCx

7b.jpg

cos i is a bit thik,,,,,,,,

Why have you edited your post Sparky :blink:

I'm sure he does and I'm sure he will speak for himself :thumbsup: I just wondered if it was necessary to do another them and us thread that's all :*

TCx

i'd like to give my girls the chance.

great photo of a lovely dog TC.... :wub:

thats a silly question,yes,yes,yes,but id have to wait for a pup of sasha. (w00t)

There is nothing more exiting than seeing your dog chase after a fox,rabbit or Hare.Watching them work the game and go all a clatter across a field in chase doesn't half get the old heart pounding. Anyone who owns a good hound will want the chance to watch them show their worth against a hare. I for one would love the chance. However I dont think that the government regardless of who is in charge will allow Hare Coursing again. There are too many people with money interfering with the sport and unless the chasing of hares can be beneficial to the hare,it's life and surroundings then there isnt a cat in hells chance of getting it brought back. That still doesnt stop me dreaming I might get the opportunity again before the dogs and I croak it. Added to my bucket list. :luck:

sue greenwood said:
There is nothing more exiting than seeing your dog chase after a fox,rabbit or Hare.Watching them work the game and go all a clatter across a field in chase doesn't half get the old heart pounding. Anyone who owns a good hound will want the chance to watch them show their worth against a hare. I for one would love the chance. However I dont think that the government regardless of who is in charge will allow Hare Coursing again. There are too many people with money interfering with the sport and unless the chasing of hares can be beneficial to the hare,it's life and surroundings then there isnt a cat in hells chance of getting it brought back. That still doesnt stop me dreaming I might get the opportunity again before the dogs and I croak it. Added to my bucket list. :luck:
Sue i heard many good accounts of Barney running Hare in his prime :thumbsup:

Sarah i would also love to see Maggie behind a strong winter Hare :thumbsup:

i think you might mean lola jeff, dog second from the left on my signature (aka Winterfell Tinkerbelle)

..... the first dog in my signature, maggie (aka Eugenie/Winterfell Princess) would probably run away, she likes the plastic bags and will yap after them all day! hehehe...... thinking bout it she might have a go but dont think whe would have the speed.

now my youngest and biggest Lily....... i think she would give it her all and more, she is pretty cunning. :ph34r: :shifty:

Sarah im sure they would all enjoy running a Hare.
rabbit.gif

i'll bet they would! nothing nicer than watching the concentration on their face whilst working. :thumbsup:

most certainly i would love to see the return , the sight of your dog working the imo ultimate quarry is amazing and a sight so many sadly wont see until this silly ban is lifted! its what they are bred to do !!! rabbitting is good but nowhere near the chase of the brown hare in winter :thumbsup:

Back