The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Linda Vaughan Has Sadly Passed Away

bonio

Registered
Reaction score
It is with a very heavy heart that I have to report that Linda Vaughan sadly passed away suddenly yesterday morning 28th May. As many of you will know Linda has been for many years a cornerstone of the National Lurcher & Racing Club but to everyone who really knew her well she was a devoted wife, mother & friend. To all close family and friends she was loving, devoted,loyal & trustworthy who would go to the ends of the earth for you. We have had the privilige of being best friends with her for many years and she will be sadly missed by all who knew her well. Like everyone else she had her detracters as nobody's perfect and was sometimes accused of being prickly and unapproachable which went down well as she was part of the infamous trio Bitter, Twisted & Prickly :lol: :lol: . I'll leave you all to guess who the other 2 are. She was a huge part of our lives and we will miss her very much.

I will update this with funeral details later for all who wish to know.

Sonia.

RIP Linda , Condolences to Richard and family

Sorry to read this sad news about Linda, condolences to Richard and all of her family.

I've known Linda since the early 80s, she was a devoted leader with the N L R C, I've had one or two sparing bouts with Linda over the years, but always found her to be fair and unbiased and never held any grudges.

Linda very kindly came to our house and offered to pay the vets costs after one of our dogs (Quin) was tragically injured and had to be put to sleep.

R.I.P Linda

Geoff & Hazel

Such sad news,Sonia :( both George and my hearts go out to Richard and her family,and to you and the many close friends that Linda and Richard have.Linda will be a great loss to the lurcher community,she has worked so hard for many,many years to ensure folks weekends at the shows go off without a hitch.I know the NLRC will strive to continue,has they have in the past (Linda wouldn't have it any other way :lol: ) but it wont be the same without her.RIP Linda

Very sad news - RIP Linda

My thoughts are with Richard & all of the family

Tom

RIP linda

our thoughts are with your family and friends at this sad time ..xx

Sorry to hear this sad news yesterday.

My condolences to Richard and family.

RIP Linda

Linda has been a close friend of Mary and myself for many years and she will be sadly missed.We were lucky enough to have had a great weekend away with Linda and Richard a few weeks back.She had a heart of gold didnt suffer fools lightly(only me in my Elvis gear)She also worked so hard for the NLRC and her work must be applauded our thoughts go out to Richard and Lindas family at this tragic time.Good night and god bless maaam!!!! Paul and Mary Thompson.

Desperately sad and totally devastating news, It was a privilege to call Linda a friend, I worked alongside her as a member of the NL&RC committee, a cause her and Richard championed for many years.

Her friendship, loyalty and commitment will never be equalled, not one to suffer fools lightly and had the conviction to let them know, life will be poorer without her for many people , myself included.

Richard and family have lost a much loved, wife mother and grandmother and my sincere condolences go to them all as they struggle to come to terms with their sad loss.

Also the lurcher fraternity has lost its Queen , no single person has done more to promote the lurcher, lurcher owners or lurcher work in general, not always pleasing some along the way but always with greatest of intentions, we should all remember and respect Linda with fondest memories because things wont be the same without her, a light has gone out on the lurcher world that will never be rekindled.

I also hope the memories help Richard and family overcome their grief. R.I.P Linda. Elwyn.

Very sad news, i only manage a weekend away for chatsworth i never have holidays because of the dogs i so enjoy meeting the NLRC team every year and i will so miss not seeing Linda. She always had time to answer my questions even though she was busy and thanked me for coming the lurcher world has truely lost a remarkable lady. My thoughts go to Richard and the family god bless.

Desperately sad and totally devastating news, It was a privilege to call Linda a friend, I worked alongside her as a member of the NL&RC committee, a cause her and Richard championed for many years.

Her friendship, loyalty and commitment will never be equalled, not one to suffer fools lightly and had the conviction to let them know, life will be poorer without her for many people , myself included.

Richard and family have lost a much loved, wife mother and grandmother and my sincere condolences go to them all as they struggle to come to terms with their sad loss.

Also the lurcher fraternity has lost its Queen , no single person has done more to promote the lurcher, lurcher owners or lurcher work in general, not always pleasing some along the way but always with greatest of intentions, we should all remember and respect Linda with fondest memories because things wont be the same without her, a light has gone out on the lurcher world that will never be rekindled.

I also hope the memories help Richard and family overcome their grief. R.I.P Linda. Elwyn.

[/quote

Sonia, John and myself are totally devastated to hear the sad news of Lindas death. When she came here each year

to Ballywalter, the showing and racing fraternity treated her with the height of Respect. What Linda said went. I can still see her with her blonde hair and her racing chart taking the names for the racing and giving the starters orders, along with Richard. She has gone, but she will never be forgotten by the Terrier, lurcher and Whippet people of Northern Ireland. Rest in peace dear Linda, you will be sadly missed . Our codolences go out to her friends and family. You will be in our prayers and thoughts at this very sad time in your life.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown.

Sorry to hear such sad news,

Linda, Keith and family

WAS SINCERLEY SHOCKED AND SADDENED TO HEAR THE NEWS OF THE DEATH OF LINDA (MRS N.L.& R.C.) HAVING KNOWN AND WORKED ALONG SIDE HER FOR MANY YEARS, WE WILL MISS HER. SHE HAD WAYS OF GETTING THE JOB DONE! THOSE WHO KNEW HER WELL WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE MEAN. WE HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR HER AND ALL THE HARD WORK THAT SHE PUT INTO THE CLUB AND LURCHER WORLD. OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES TO RICHARD AND ALL THE FAMILY. LOVE KAREN AND JOE. XX

Very shocked and saddened to hear the bad news. Linda had always worked very hard for, it must be, 30 years promoting lurcher work and shows, particularly Chatsworth, and will be much missed. Our condolences to Richard and all the family at this sad time.

Very shocked and saddened to hear the bad news. Linda had always worked very hard for, it must be, 30 years promoting lurcher work and shows, particularly Chatsworth, and will be much missed. Our condolences to Richard and all the family at this sad time.

it's a sad time , linda was well liked by myself , others chose not to like her , their choice, but if that was your choice , you missed the pleasure of someones company , who lived and breathed THE NLRC , she will be missed by thousands of lurcher people all over the country--------------------R.I.P linda

yours in sport -----------------------stuart.

it's a sad time , linda was well liked by myself , others chose not to like her , their choice, but if that was your choice , you missed the pleasure of someones company , who lived and breathed THE NLRC , she will be missed by thousands of lurcher people all over the country--------------------R.I.P linda

yours in sport -----------------------stuart.
We will be two of the people that will truely miss Linda,s company Paul & Mary Thompson

On behalf of Richard & the family we would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and the wonderful comments about Linda, she will be forever in our hearts.

Sonia & Ian

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to report that Linda Vaughan sadly passed away suddenly yesterday morning 28th May. As many of you will know Linda has been for many years a cornerstone of the National Lurcher & Racing Club but to everyone who really knew her well she was a devoted wife, mother & friend. To all close family and friends she was loving, devoted,loyal & trustworthy who would go to the ends of the earth for you. We have had the privilige of being best friends with her for many years and she will be sadly missed by all who knew her well. Like everyone else she had her detracters as nobody's perfect and was sometimes accused of being prickly and unapproachable which went down well as she was part of the infamous trio Bitter, Twisted & Prickly :lol: :lol: . I'll leave you all to guess who the other 2 are. She was a huge part of our lives and we will miss her very much.I will update this with funeral details later for all who wish to know.

Sonia.
God bless littel mate , god bless john o'keeffe X

Back