The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lily Update

ive only just seen this too.hope poor girl makes a quick uneventful recovery. :( :luck: healing thoughts are being sent her way :)

Hope Lily has a good night :luck: - I'm sure she will be feeling loads better by Saturday :huggles:

Oh poor Lily. What a big op for her. Hope she gets better really quick. Bless her she will be feeling rough just now, but hopefully will soon feel much better. :luck: :luck: for a quick recovery & :huggles:

Hope Twiggy is more settled too. You and Bea have had a rough new year, haven't you. hope things get better from now on.

Pauline

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news :thumbsup: She will be fine with the TLC you're obviously giving. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery :luck:

How's Lily today?? Sending :huggles: and :luck: for a speedy recovery

Hows little Lily today?Sending lots of positive healing thoughts for her :wub:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for lily xx

Lots of love for Lily and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Rest is Best! :huggles:

Hope Lily makes a speedy recovery :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Sorry I haven't been on before now - totally shattered!! :blink:

Last night I took Twiggy and Polly's beds and camped out on Bea's small sofa (next door, where Lily lives) and Lily was sleeping peacefully by the radiator, wrapped up in her fleece blankies. earlier she had been outside for a wee and a pooh and I spooned a little water down her as she was very dry.

It was a restless night for us all, as Twiggy is also unwell and used to sleeping on my bed -no room on a 2 seater settee!! Lily started to get restless around 2am and I took her out again and then lay on the floor with her (head in spare dog bed next to her!!) but by about 2.45 she was up looking for Bea as she usually sleeps in her big bed with her. We had been afraid she would try and get out and hurt herself so had left her in her own bed.

I took her to Bea's bed and she settled happily and we all went back to sleep for a few hours (and Twiggy managed to squeeze herself onto the sofa with me after I was asleep!!).

I went back home around 7.30 and had another hour sleep in my bed, which pleased Twiggy enormously :thumbsup:

Lily has been sleeping on and off all day but has devoured a plate of mince and had a walk around outside (a short walk!!) in the garden, then back to her warm cosy bed!. No more pain meds needed thank goodness and we go back to see the sugeon on Saturday morning.

Now the extra news. We are adopting another stray rescue girl called Callie. We have had to wait until the end of the week in case she was claimed, although the dog warden thought she had been dumped and not a lost dog.

We were to have collected her tomorrrow, but I'm not really well enough to drive after the last couple of days and nights (I have MS) so we are collecting her on Monday, fron the JR Whippet rescue lady in the area.

Will do photos and updates when she arrives.

We had arranged a while back, to get another dog as company for Lily as she seemed to miss Willow so much. Now we realise some of her lethargy was the infection building up but she so enjoyed Willow's comany that we hope this new girl (reported to be a very gentle and calm dog) will give her a new lease of life. She will also be a running mate and playmate for Polly, since Twiggy has become senile and has some sort of ? cancer and kidney failure - her time is limited- and she has lost interest in running and playing.

Thaks again for all the support for lily and all of us - you're a great bunch!! Janet

so glad to hear that shes making a quik recovery (w00t) and im sure she will be extatic to have another friend, congrats!

Im so glad Lilys night was I suppose.. :- " not too bad, but sorry you didnt get much sleep Janet... :huggles: at least she sounds like she is on the up hopefully. :thumbsup:

As for the new arrivial, thats just great news :cheers: cant wait to see your pictures. :thumbsup:

Love to Twiggy too, and Lily... :huggles: :luck: and a speedy recovery to Lily xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that Lily has eaten and been for a little walk. :thumbsup:

Lovely news about your new addition 'Callie'. You and Bea have had a rough time recently, so hope having Callie will cheer you both up. :wub: :wub: Hugs to Twiggy and Polly too. :huggles:

Great to hear that Lily is on the road to recovery and that she will be having a new friend to help her recuperate. :luck: :thumbsup: :huggles:

:) Glad to hear that things are going well for Lilly :thumbsup:

And how exciting!!! A new playmate too :D - can't wait to see pics of Callie!

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight! :huggles: :huggles: for you all x

It is good to hear how Lily is improving and congratulations on the arrival of your new little gril, can't wait to hear all about her and see photos.

Do remember to take time to rest :huggles:

So glad things are on the up again :luck: Get some good rest in because we're looking forward to seeing pictures of your new addition to be! :) :huggles:

Poor Lily :( get well soon :luck: :luck: :huggles:

So glad Lily is on the road to recovery :huggles: :thumbsup: :huggles:

Good luck with your new arrival, hope all goes well for all of you :)

Back