The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lily Update

pollyanna

Registered
Reaction score
Lily had a scan this morning and they found pus in the uterus so had to operate. Then they found discharging cysts on her ovaries, so she had a complete hysterectomy. :(

She is home but not very comfortable when awake, and because she has kidney problems they wouldn't give any painkillers, so if she is in a lot of pain during the night, we'll have to take her back for an injection.

So far she has weed and poohed and is now curled up by the radiator in her bed, sound asleep. She was crying earlier, but is very spaced out still.

Have to take her back Saturday morning for a check. We are just hoping all goes well in the next 48 hours.

Thanks to all forum members who have given support and especially those who said to get her anal gland done when I put on an earlier thread about her biting her tail. If we hadn't taken her for that, the pyometra would not have been discovered maybe until too late.

She is still very ill, so keep up the positive thoughts for her please! :unsure: I guess we are in for a rocky night, when the injecton she had before leaving the surgery wears off

Oh bless her! :wub: I'm so pleased she's home and ok. :huggles: It's amazingly how quickly they recover from such major ops and hopefully her age won't be a factor. :luck: :luck:

So pleased she is home let's hope she has a good night - which is probably more that you and bea will. Will email you. :huggles:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for Lily hoping shemakes a speedy recovery so plased shes back home with you

How lucky you took her in to have her anal glands checked Lily is one lucky girl

so glad she is home and safe :huggles:

aww bless her shes been through it today,hope she as a comfortable night and gets a good sleep.

hope she feel loads better in a few days having all that infection removed :huggles:

BIG :huggles: FOR LILY.FINGERS CROSSED FOR HER. :huggles:

:) So pleased Lily's come through the op OK :wub:

Lots of :huggles: :huggles: for you all .... I know a 24 hour vigil won't be a strain 'cos you love her so much :thumbsup:

:luck: :luck: with the recovery :huggles:

So pleased to hear Lily is home.Sending positive thoughts for her and you all :luck: I hope she has a peacefull night and is feeling better tommorow :huggles:

Bless her, i hope she soon feels brighter
grouphug.gif

Oh bless her, I hope Lily makes a speedy recovery :huggles:

poor baby sending lots of :huggles: :huggles: and :luck: :luck: to you both :huggles:

I hope she recovers well

Thank God you went to have the anal glands checked and shes got a fighting chance of full recovery

Lots of luck and hugs to Lilyxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a huge hurdle she's got through today - what afit and strong lady she is - lots of positive thoughts still heading for her :huggles:

Aww bless her little paws :huggles: That's great news she's back home safe and sound :huggles: Hope she recovers quickly :luck: :luck: :luck:

So glad Lily is home safe with you again.. :huggles: :huggles: give her my love...and tell her to get well soon. :thumbsup: :) I think her bed is a good place to be... :huggles:

So glad that Lily is home with you. I hope she has a comfortable night and makes a speedy recovery. Still sending my positive thoughts to you both :huggles:

I have only just seen this thread :( Poor Lily, at least she has had the horrible bit done now and is safely back at home :thumbsup: Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery now. Sending lots of :huggles: and :luck: :luck:

oh ! poor old girl, what a lot she must've been going through.

Sending lots of :huggles: :* for a full recovery, hope she has a restful night, don't think you will yourself, but you can always catch up later when she's better :luck: :luck:

Glad to hear Lily is back home after her op. Sending her hugs. :huggles: :wub: :huggles: Hope she continues to improve, and that she has a comfortable night (and you do as well). :luck: :luck: :luck:

Back