The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Leeds Results

not just the classes , what about Crits for 2nd and what was placed 3rd (w00t)

I have been looking for this critique for months as it was such a special one for Anita.

Thank goodness it has finally appeared :blink:

GUNDOG S OF WALES CH SHOW 2008

17/11/2008 11:14:37 at 14.34

Whippets

A wonderful entry & good to see that size seemed less contentious on this occasion. Still some lack of upper arm angulation &, strangely, some exhibits appeared to be unbalanced ie the front quarters & hindquarter looking as if they belong to different dogs.

MPD (7,2a) 1 Cammoile’s Elmanash Amberjack of Shagraan, r/br of nice size, enough bone to grow on with, head masculine without coarseness, good eye shape & earset, overall conformation & balance pleasing, movement obviously puppyish yet reaching & driving; 2 Paley’s Nevedith Pfa Peppa, fawn b/m, youngster of good quality, well balanced throughout with good bend of stifle, handsome head, lovely expression set on an elegant neck. Just not yet showing the forward reach of 1; 3 Baker’s Elmanash Emilion. PD (9,2) 1 Heather’s Yialousa Crème De Le Crème at Jzan, f/w trim, handsome head & of pleasing size & balance, good bone, upper arm angulation allowing good forward reach, hindquarters with bend of stifle & well let down hocks; 2 Poole’s Demerlay Stand N Deliver at Brockfield, good conformation, well boned, pleasing head. Very much a youngster needing time settle & mature; 3 Yacoby-Wright’s Cobyco Sentiment. JD (7,1) 1 Squire’s Maingate Swallowtail, head needing to fine down as he matures, has good conformation, length of loin, covering the ground standing with bend of stifle & well let down hocks; 2 Paterson’s Play It Again Sam, beautiful shade of fawn, lovely size, nice head, well put together & in hard condition, strong loin & good rear angulation; 3 Newton’s Nut Chip of Nevedith. YD (5,1) 1 Cowton’s Harri Hester, br/f w/trim showing lots of promise, nice head, good eye shape, body has flowing lines with good conformation, excellent upper arm angulation covering the ground on the move, one to watch; 2 Long’s Nevedith Ofa Obe over Roedeane, has all the same qualities as 1, a striking dark brindled parti, just beginning to mature, moved OK; 3 Poole’s Demerlay Giacomo at Brockfield. ND (5) 1 Y Crème De Le Crème at J; 2 Leathart & Russell’s Ringmore Danny Deever, lovely dog, pleasing size & outline, handsome head, reach of neck with good conformation. standing he looked tense, but relaxed on the move covering the ground well; 3 D Stand N Deliver at B. UGD (5) 1 H Hester; 2 Head’s Demerlay Rythmnblues, fawn with b/m, nice head, neat ears, arched neck, depth to chest, strong loin, croup appearing to fall away, yet good rear angulation; 3 Hempstock & Hinchliffe’s Klondyke Reach For The Stars at Broughland. GD (4) 1 Walker’s Cornstalk Chase, fawn, nicely put together, lovely size with typical head, good eye & ear shape & set. A tad laid back on the move, but was sound with good tail carriage. Coat in excellent condition; 2 Hodgson’s Raslee Solar Eclipse, r/br, pleasing head & ear shape, nice bone, good flowing outline & bend of stifle; 3 Skelly’s Ringmore Code of Conduct. PGD (11,4) 1 Martin’s Collooney Mochacchino, shaded f/w parti, nice head, dark eye, good earset, reasonable length of neck, deep brisket, angulation to upper arm, muscled loin, well proportioned rearquarters, well let down hocks, moved well; 2 Walker’s Cornstalk Mercedes, fawn w/trim of pleasing size, nice head, good eye, well angulated hindquarters, good tail carriage on move; 3 Holland’s Elmanash Elixir. LD (20,5) Strong class. 1 Thomas’ Faracre Finale, typical classic fawn, honest dog without any exaggeration, lovely head, good length to neck, good shoulder placement, depth of chest, firm loin, correct rear angulation, good tail carriage on the move. RCC; 2 Ritchie’s Demerlay Field Of Dreams at Gwendariff, pale shaded fawn, lovely head, eye & ear shape & set, typical expression, good front, nice bone with good angulated quarters, well let down hocks, in hard condition; 3 Dufty, Morland & Morland-Allen’s Wrenella Just Giles at Triken. OD (21,5) 1 Taylor’s Watcar Sno Storm, f/w parti, absolutely beautiful, balanced, correct sized male, flowing outline, such a handsome head with typical expression from dark eyes, clean neck arching into well placed shoulders, outstanding upper arm angulation, depth of chest rising up to a firm loin, strong hindquarters & neat feet which carried him effortlessly round the ring reaching out well in front. I couldn’t ask for more, an honour to award him the CC & BOB; 2 Addison’s Rowangarth Solar Wind, striking r/br/w, lovely size, excellent conformation with many of the attributes of 1, sound on the move but looking as if the heat was beginning to get to him; 3 King’s Daleko Monark Of The Glen.

MPB (10,3) 1 Newton’s Nevedith PFA Princess, brindle w/trim, pretty head with length to muzzle, overall conformation well balanced with depth of chest & good length to loin. Covered the ground standing & moved well for a puppy; 2 Long’s Roedeane Pure Crystal, mainly white, feminine head with well shaped dark eyes, ample bone, well angulated quarters, depth of brisket, firm loin, nicely covered, moved OK; 3 Davies’ Taraday Holly Blue. PB (17,3) 1 Head’s Demerlay Alwaysnforever, rich fawn, pretty bitch, pleasing eye & ear shape, length of neck, good lay of shoulder, well angulated throughout & in firm condition, good length of loin, moved soundly, well deserved BP; 2 Price’s Anthemion Natural Coral among Silkdance, f/br w/trim, elegant head, dark eye, good neck, deep brisket, firm loin, nicely angulated quarters, moved OK; 3 Mason’s Aphrael Je Ne Regrette Rien. JB (15,3) 1 Thomas’ Faracre Feather Boa, fawn, pretty head, correct eye & ear set, elegant neck into well placed shoulders, angulation to upper arm, good bone, pleasing outline, moved OK with nice tail carriage; 2 Bridger’s Charm of Goldies at Hollygreens, bl/f/br of nice size, well balanced with good conformation throughout, firm loin & well let down hocks, neat feet; 3 Day’s Celticmoon Oto’s Black Magic. YB (14,2) 1 Bennett’s Stormburst Winter Berry, dark br/w parti, covering the ground well standing, sweet head, good front, depth of chest, length of loin & rear angulation. Neat feet, moved soundly; 2 Bailey’s Shirotae Antique Gold to Lurchase, r/br/w parti, pretty head, dark eye, good front & rearquarters, firm loin, nice bone, maturing nicely; 3 Addison’s Rowangarth Santa Ana. NB (9) 1 D Alwaysnforever; 2 Jones’ Beubezi Friandise of Arckum, b/br, very feminine head, neat ears, clean neck, pleasing shape, deep chest, good tuck-up, well let down hocks, moved soundly; 3 Third’s Talaria Bianca of Bruntsfield. UGB (10) 1 Neale’s Stormalong Nightime Blues, blue, correct size, very feminine, good eye & ear set, enough bone, upper arm angulation, depth of chest, clean tuck-up, muscled loin, good hindquarters, neat feet, movement very true, honest bitch. RCC; 2 Vaughan’s Shirotae Silken Lady, fawn w/trim, rangy bitch with overall balance, pretty head, good front, deep chest, moved OK; 3 Trousdale’s Piersland Delayed Reaction. GB (10,2) 1 Holland’s Elmanash Spanish Gold, very feminine pale brindle, typical head, dark eye, good front, depth of chest, firm loin & well constructed hindquarters, nice bone, coat in gleaming condition, covered the ground moving; 2 Leathart’s Ringmore Cut Glass, fawn of nice size, pretty head, reach of neck into well placed shoulders, length of loin, angulated quarters, nice outline, moved well; 3 Robertson’s Cornstalk Sophie’s Dream for Lowtherhills. PGB (12,1) 1 Third’s Bruntsfield Ranapoll, fawn of correct size, pleasing head, nice eye shape, clean jaw, firm outline, good upper arm angulation, depth of brisket, rise over the loin, sound hindquarters, moved steady; 2 Nickel’s Phantoms Firefly in Blenheimgate, dark brindle, sweet head, dark eye, lovely earset, good general conformation with spring of pastern, moved OK; 3 Bennett’s Stormburst Water Lily. LB (25, 8) 1 Addison’s Rowangarth Northern Light, pretty coloured brindle of pleasing size with good bone, in hard condition, feminine head, balanced throughout, good brisket, well let down hocks, covered the ground on the move with good tail carriage; 2 Crosse’s Jayglo Just The One, fawn, pretty head, good reach of neck & front angulation, spring of pastern, firm loin, bend of stifle, covered the ground on the move; 3 Cardus’ Dalzeah Dreamy Lady. OB (22,5) 1 Mixides’ Jzan Zee Zee with Yialousa, beautiful elegant fawn of lovely proportions, sculptured head, neat ears, clean neck into well placed shoulders, sound front angulation, spring of pasterns, deep ribcage, strong loin, good hindquarters, moved effortlessly on neat feet. CC; 2 Head’s Ch Demerlay Love In A Mist, fawn, quality bitch, sound, typical, very pretty head, depth of chest, muscled loin, well let down hocks, good tail carriage on the move; 3 Jones’ Aphreal Caoilinn of Chelynnah.

HELEN PATTERSON

Hi,

A great big thanks to Dawn for finding this and also Debbie I have been looking for this everywhere and now feel a total pratt, moaning about not seeing the write up.

Especially as I meet someone the other week at the NEWS show who knew the judge and asked them to ask her if she could give the write up as this was my first CC and I would like to see her comments.

From now on I am going to keep my mouth shut. :- "

The judge is Helen Fielden not Helen Patterson

Janetta

Last edited by a moderator:
alfyn said:
Janetta,this report is on dog world on line & only appeared this week in the whippet section :blink:
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/Breeds/ShowReports.aspx?nodeID=120

Thanks Deb, I was looking today but took no notice because I thought it was all about gun dogs.

Stupid me, I have been working with special need children for too long now, I can't think straight anymore, especially after our Literacy lesson today!!! :- "

Janetta :D

Janetta said:
Hi,A great big thanks to Dawn for finding this and also Debbie I have been looking for this everywhere  and now feel a total pratt, moaning about not seeing the write up.

Especially as I meet someone the other week at the NEWS show who knew the judge and asked them to ask her if she could give the write up as this was my first CC and I would like to see her comments.

From now on I am going to keep my mouth shut. :- "

The judge is Helen Fielden not Helen Patterson

Janetta

This may be because her partner is Dave Patterson, she may now be married to him???

Why it's under Gundog Society of Wales is a mystery though! Leeds and Whippets is a far cry from Gundogs and Wales.

Glad to see the writeup finally. Although Teya got 3rd, I like to keep the critiques from all shows we place at with the prize cards, and esp this one as it was her Stud Book Number :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so pleased to see the write up because it is a lovely one :D

Tracey thanks for letting us know about the surname, now I know I am not going mad!!! (I think)

Janetta

It is a wonderful critique - you must be soooo pleased, well worth the long wait. :huggles:

rls22 said:
It is a wonderful critique - you must be soooo pleased, well worth the long wait.  :huggles:

Yes Rachel, I am a very proud owner but I have always been proud to be owned by Archie :lol:

janetta

Back