Registered
Reaction score
The girls are building up a fair collection of leather collars

now..........i dont know how :))

Anyway i was just wondering what people on here use to

keep the leather looking good
Dunno.gif

These take a good battering on the beach as both the girls

go in the water as well as roll about on the sand.

ooo good question ann ,iv just got tia a nice new leather collar and waiting on some for the boys ,but tias is already looking a bit gruby from the mud :D

nicky12 said:
ooo good question ann ,iv just got tia a nice new leather collar and waiting on some for the boys ,but tias is already looking a bit gruby from the mud  :D

I find the best thing is saddle soap (used to clean horse tack) which is specifically used to clean leather. :))

saddle soap comes in bar form or now a spray , which does make it easier or if the leather is clean soak in neatsfoot oil, which again is found in saddlery shops or some pet stores with horse section, ann can you remember your dad doing his harness with dubbin? you can still get that at some cobblers, excellent for waterproofing the leather and protection :thumbsup:

Thanks Angela :thumbsup:

I certainly do Tanya........my dad sitting there doing his harness

is a picture i have as clear as a bell in my mind :))

I have been using the dubbin..........i stole it of someone who

brought it for his football boots. I wondered if there was

something just for the collars.

Last edited by a moderator:
posh totty said:
saddle soap comes in bar form or now a spray , which does make it easier or if the leather is clean soak in neatsfoot oil, which again is found in saddlery shops or some pet stores with horse section, ann can you remember your dad doing his harness with dubbin? you can still get that at some cobblers, excellent for waterproofing the leather and protection  :thumbsup:
Tanya beat me to it... :thumbsup: I was about to say neats foot oil

brilliant stuff... :thumbsup:

well im just a total cheapskate but i use suflower oil applied with kitchen roll (w00t) :b

AnnSa said:
The girls are building up a fair collection of leather collarsnow..........i dont know how  :))

Anyway i was just wondering what people on here use to

keep the leather looking good
Dunno.gif

These take a good battering on the beach as both the girls

go in the water as well as roll about on the sand.

I use saddle soap,they spray with a leather protector.Keeps them as good as new,and supple too!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies i have a few choices now :thumbsup:

I hope you found something to help you as well Nicky :)

Back