The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Last Minute Shopping Requirements & Info

running_free

Registered
Reaction score
Ok many of you know that we have been waiting for the arrival of our 2 lovely pups and as like an expecting Dad would be I'm excited but concerned that I've maybe missing something. Tomorrow is DD Day (2 Ds for 2 dogs :D ) and thought I'd ask any of the whippet owners out there if there is anything really essential that I should get?

I have all the bedding a massive cage, some toys, getting some porridge and goats milk today, some chicken wings, some mince, as well as Super Glue for our ornaments, large metal box for our shoes and a lock for daughters bedroom to protect her toys lol

Is there any supplements I should buy?

Would a complete puppy mix be ok to eat with the other foods or be too much? (Advice please have read alot in the FAQ pages and some feed a dry and raw mixture together is this ok or was i reading wrong? Please let me know)

I saw this food on ebay looked very reasonable priced and good nutritional analysis just wondered if anyone had tried it? for future reference

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Premium-Puppy-Food-N...oQQcmdZViewItem

Is there any treats that are good for pups?

Anything I've misssed that you would think is essential?

Signed

a typical Dad :wacko:

:D

All help will be rewarded with some lovely pics hehe What a briber!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a good nights sleep tonight because you might have a couple of broken nights sleep :thumbsup:

I would find out what the breeder is feeding first and try to sick with that initially and gradually bring in your own food otherwise you may upset their tummies :x

Sorry don't know about the food on Ebay I haven't tried it I usually give weetabix or scrambled egg for brekkie

Then lunch and tea puppy food (tinned or pouches) with a bit of small bite mixer , with kane he's now gone onto raw like the girls insteadd of the tinned with a bit of veg and just a bit of mixer.

I personally don't feed complete with meat as it is high in protein i just use the veggies/pasta/rice and mixer with the meat but everyone has their own way :thumbsup:

Good luck for tomorrow and don't forget loads of pics :wub:

Few more things:

spare batteries for camera :thumbsup:

chainmail gloves for hands (w00t)

lots of kitchen towel for accidents :x

New innersoles for slippers(you won't need these straight away but best to have a pair in :lol: )

Just thought also you will need the kitchen towel and towels for the journey just in case :thumbsup: Spry and kane were'nt sick at all but callie and sienna :x :x

Oooo I'm excited for you 2 puppies what a bonus :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
*Lesley* said:
Few more things:
spare batteries for camera :thumbsup:

chainmail gloves for hands (w00t)

lots of kitchen towel for accidents :x

New innersoles for slippers(you won't need these straight away but best to have a pair in :lol: )

Just thought also you will need the kitchen towel and towels for the journey just in case :thumbsup:   Spry and kane were'nt sick at all but callie and sienna  :x   :x

Oooo I'm excited for you 2 puppies what a bonus :wub:   :wub:

Batteries allready in stock lesley ;)

Might go for a cricket box as well as the chainmail gloves (Never be too careful ehh lol)

Ahh yes the slippers Jack demolished a few of those then went on to pulling my socks off!!! Good idea batgirl :D

Yes super soaking kitchen towel, carpet cleaner and plenty of anti bact surface cleaner, nice one 4 that :) For the journey I have brought this car blanket which clips over the headrests of back and front seats which is waterproof and stops them slidding down the foot well. (good Idea I thought)

Pictures for you Lesley (Knows you love them)

Thanks

oooohhhhh how exciting! good luck with your new babies :luck: :thumbsup:

Training mats now in the house :D

Any more Ideas ??

HOOFs up this thread

Good luck :luck: :luck: - bet you cant wait :thumbsup:

how exciting :lol: :lol: good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Im so excited for you (w00t) We have always been given something that smells of mum, when we have collected our new puppies, a bit of vet bed or blanket, just for a comforter, i dont know if all do this, but its worth asking :huggles:

Lots of Luck :luck: cant wait for pics :thumbsup:

When i went and got Bean and her brother, i used shredded paper cause it sokes (sp) up the sick/wee and poo :x much better than a blanket

Good luck we want lots and lots of pics

You will need a lockable box for socks and gloves as well, ours always seem to find them from somewhere.

Don't forget a toy box to hold all their new loot! :lol: :thumbsup:

thanks for all the notes and advice everyone

You will all be rewarded for your help with some lovely pics, well ill try my best lol

Hey there!

If you're unsure about my puppy food I can send you a free sample!

It is very good suff, I have a lot of regular customers and this is one of my most popular products.

Pet-Food-Pro said:
Hey there!
If you're unsure about my puppy food I can send you a free sample!

It is very good suff, I have a lot of regular customers and this is one of my most popular products.

Yes please!

running_free said:
Ok many of you know that we have been waiting for the arrival of our 2 lovely pups and as like an expecting Dad would be I'm excited but concerned that I've maybe missing something. Tomorrow is DD Day (2 Ds for 2 dogs  :D ) and thought I'd ask any of the whippet owners out there if there is anything really essential that I should get?
I have all the bedding a massive cage, some toys, getting some porridge and goats milk today, some chicken wings, some mince, as well as Super Glue for our ornaments, large metal box for our shoes and a lock for daughters bedroom to protect her toys lol

Is there any supplements I should buy?

Would a complete puppy mix be ok to eat with the other foods or be too much? (Advice please have read alot in the FAQ pages and some feed a dry and raw mixture together is this ok or was i reading wrong? Please let me know)

I saw this food on ebay looked very reasonable priced and good nutritional analysis just wondered if anyone had tried it? for future reference

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Premium-Puppy-Food-N...oQQcmdZViewItem

Is there any treats that are good for pups?

Anything I've misssed that you would think is essential?

Signed

a typical Dad  :wacko:

All help will be rewarded with some lovely pics hehe What a briber!!!!  ;)

CAN I RECOMMEND YOU PILE LOADS OF DIARY PRODUCTS INTO YOUR BITCH..CREAMED RICE IN PARTICULAR, THIS HELPS KEEP THE MILK FLOW UP. LOADS OF CLEAN TOWELS AND WIPES, AND LATEX GLOVES INCASE YOU HAVE TO HELP HER ALONG LIKE I DID :wacko: ...HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND YOURS MATE !!

:luck: JOHN

Back