The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lambourn Show

Tom Pickering

Registered
Reaction score
FMWTC Charity Terrier,Lurcher and family Dog Show.

Saturday 17th July.

Charity- 'HELP FOR HEROES'.

Location-Malt Shovel lane,Upper Lambourn,Berkshire,RG17 8QN.

licensed bar and BBQ.

Hope to get a few trade stands.

Qualifiers are as follows- The countrymans weekly.

NWTF- Ragley Hall.

Welsh Valleys.

Heart of Wales.

The Earth Dog Running Dog.

The Derbyshire Bull cross Finals

Lurcher classes.

1.Rough dog under 12 months

2.Rough bitch

3.Smooth dog

4.Smooth bitch

CHAMPIONSHIP

5.Rough dog under 23"

6.Rough bitch

7.Rough dog over 23"

8.Rough bitch

9.Smooth dog under 23"

10.Smooth bitch

11.Smooth dog over 23"

12.Smooth bitch

13.Sight hound dog

14.Sight hound bitch

15.Best Saluki cross dog/bitch

16.Best Deerhound cross dog/bitch

17.Best Bedlington cross dog/bitch

18.Best Collie cross dog/bitch

19.Best Bullcross dog/bitch

20.Rabbiting class,under 21" dog/bitch

21.Best veteran over 7 years

22.Best pair

23.Child handler

CHAMPIONSHIP from classes 5-18

Racing-

Simulated Coursing (32 Dog stake)

Unders and Overs.

Any queries please contact through the following;

rod.smith77@yahoo.co.uk or 07900105371

When there are any more details posted I will copy and past them across :thumbsup:

Here are the latest details for the racing as from Hunting Life which haven't been stated....

'All questions regarding the simulated/racing.please telephone Mr Hardy- 07813498727'

Anyone from 'K9' planning on going to this one?

there is also a terrier and family dog show.as Tom has said,this is a charity event,there has been lots of interest so should be well turned out :thumbsup:

Also a qualifier for pride of the peaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i might pop down as this is only down the road from me

is the coursing just for lurchers or is there a whippet stake

also what is a min age for the fun showing as my son may want to take my young pup in the child handler class

also what is a min age for the fun showing as my son may want to take my young pup in the child handler class
im sure there will be whippet and fun simulated coursing.. please do bring the children.if the dog being shown is slightly strong the parents are welcome to assist in the handling.its great to see our next generation at the working dog scene.

any questions regarding simulated coursing,please telephone Chris Hardy. all other questions, Rod 07900105371 :thumbsup:

im sure there will be whippet and fun simulated coursing.. please do bring the children.if the dog being shown is slightly strong the parents are welcome to assist in the handling.its great to see our next generation at the working dog scene.

any questions regarding simulated coursing,please telephone Chris Hardy. all other questions, Rod 07900105371 :thumbsup:
ahh thanks..i'l give em a call

i went to a charity lurcher /terrier show a few yaers ago and it was such a friendly day and all had fun and we even won the coursing..bradley my son done abit of showing even though we dont have show dogs but he loved it trying to stack poor Bow in the ring..its great to see the kids get involved

ahh thanks..i'l give em a call

i went to a charity lurcher /terrier show a few yaers ago and it was such a friendly day and all had fun and we even won the coursing..bradley my son done abit of showing even though we dont have show dogs but he loved it trying to stack poor Bow in the ring..its great to see the kids get involved
all breeds of lurchers,sight hounds and terriers PLUS any family pets have classes.

any queries,please do contact me as its my show.

who is coming from this forum then? Lambourn show used tobe THE show to attend.The last show was 1981 and ended due to a few reasons but i am bringing it back and for a charity aswell.I have had so much interest,its unreal.please do come along.. :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to it, I ve been looking at all the old books tonight. Also some pictures that my mum took back in the early 80's of when they used to go. Ill be bringing my 3 down and most probably 2 more depending on space in the motor :thumbsup: . ATB Tom

Really looking forward to it, I ve been looking at all the old books tonight. Also some pictures that my mum took back in the early 80's of when they used to go. Ill be bringing my 3 down and most probably 2 more depending on space in the motor :thumbsup: . ATB Tom
Nice one Tom.Make sure you come and say Hellp ;)

:thumbsup: we will be there then on too worcester the next day see you there :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: see you there
what time is the start please
Excellent.kicks off at 11am :thumbsup:
thanks much chap :thumbsup:
VERY welcome.Hope to see a few from here.do come and say hello and PLEASE bring muzzles if you wish to compete in the racing.no muzzles,no competing ;)
no probs fox bolter will see you tomorrow chap

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: see you there
what time is the start please
Excellent.kicks off at 11am :thumbsup:
thanks much chap :thumbsup:
VERY welcome.Hope to see a few from here.do come and say hello and PLEASE bring muzzles if you wish to compete in the racing.no muzzles,no competing ;)
no probs fox bolter will see you tomorrow chap
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

all simulated/racing enquiries please telephone Mr Chris Hardy-07813498725.

all other enquiries 07900105371.

Raffle prizes greatly appreciated.

Back