The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Laguna Whippet

imperative said:
I too have heard of this name and wondered are they bigger than other lines or is this a line just like barnesmore or cobyco centre stage?  :blink:
I think true Lagunas are probably on the smaller side (Link is on ly 18 1/4); the Sooty Sam line dogs you see advertised so often can be a lot bigger (Sam was 23"), they usually don't have a lot of Laguna in them anyway. Ours was a giant in his litter, he's still only ended up at 20 1/4 (which is big enough for me though :- " :lol: )

Here's Laguna Lively Lilt coursing - although not that closely related I there's a distinct facial resemblance to Gelert I think. I think one or more of the Lilts might be behind Laguna Lightspeed, Lakey? (forgive me if I'm wrong - your Polly has Laguna on the dam side as well doesn't she? :wub: )

lagunalivelylilt.jpg

lagunalivelylilt1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some pups by my dog out of a black granddaughter of Laguna Lisa's Link. Phone 01347 879119. In Yorkshire and born last week.

Jay-z (Laguna Lottitas Lad) is now 14 mths old.

When I got him I also wanted a friend for him and her stud dog had just sired a litter that was 2 wks old, so I have one also who's sire is laguna Liza's Link, so moriate looks like we have half brothers. His name is Snoop & he is 12 mths old and is a blue brindle & white....he is also very small., just measured him now and he is about 18 1/2 inches. I will try and get a picture of him on here.

This is Luna at 15 weeks, she is coursing bred with a heavy dose of Laguna on both sides.

This is her sire 'Supa Blue'

Luna is my first pure bred whippet so it is difficult for me to make any comparisons. all I can say is that she is very intelligent and very wilfull! She will not chase a ball, but does somersalts of excitement when I get her rabbit dummy out!

moriarte said:
Here's Laguna Lively Lilt coursing - although not that closely related I there's a distinct facial resemblance to Gelert I think. I think one or more of the Lilts might be behind Laguna Lightspeed, Lakey? (forgive me if I'm wrong - your Polly has Laguna on the dam side as well doesn't she?  :wub:   )
lagunalivelylilt.jpg

lagunalivelylilt1.jpg

Havent got the 5 gen back yet so I'm not sure but i think you could be right.

Corky come on enlighten us :thumbsup:

Lakey said:
Corky come on enlighten us  :thumbsup:
A dim bit of my memory say's Lightspeed's by the black Lilting Laird of Laguna, so a grandson of Lively Lilt, but the grey cells aren't what they used to be these days. :wacko:

I'm disappointed to see they don't ALL have black ears :- " :lol:

I would have thought any Laguna would be a long way back in most racing lines these days?

We've just got a new whippet pup - he's 4 1/2 months old. His Grand-dad is Laguna Liza's Link! And his Great Grand-dad is Dark Mood. He's black and white and truly mad! I'm no expert on whippets (as this is my first one!), but I think he's quite small too! I tried to add a photo but it said the attachment was too big! If anybody can help me with attaching photo's I'd be grateful.

I have been reading K9 Community ever since we got Sammy (back in October), but have never posted anything on it, until today, when I saw what can only be described as Sammy's Uncle!!!!!

Bev

2dogs said:
We've just got a new whippet pup - he's 4 1/2 months old. 
You haven't got one from Steph's last litter from Midnight Dill have you? There was a lovely irish-marked black dog in that litter, it couldn't be...

Lakey, sire of Laguna Lightspeed was Lilting Laid of Laguna ,G sire Laguna Lively Lilt ,Gdam Stonnards Ursula(Blue in colour). Dams side Laguna Liberty Lace, G sire, Mulyie Minuteman Gdam Laguna Ligette, If you would like a copy of this ped (Five gens Give me a call ) Thanks Corky

Lakey, sire of Laguna Lightspeed was Lilting Laid of Laguna ,G sire Laguna Lively Lilt ,Gdam Stonnards Ursula(Blue in colour). Dams side Laguna Liberty Lace, G sire, Mulyie Minuteman Gdam Laguna Ligette, If you would like a copy of this ped (Five gens Give me a call ) Thanks Corky
I've just looked at his Family Tree and Laguna Ligette was his Great, Great Grandmother. Muylie Minuteman was his Great Great Grandfather!

Bev

I'm a happy man :)

More Laguna in my bitch than I thought,

I'm gona have to get her hare coursing :ph34r:

Sorry, :oops: better make that lure coursing :- " :D

I would have thought any Laguna would be a long way back in most racing lines these days?

It is in most ........Though 2 of my racer's have a line from Gt Grandfather Laguna Larita .........My 2 pup's have a half coursing bred mum (but she's mainly Jimanica), but they have a line from Great Great Grandmother Laguna Linnette Of Sunlay's who was a Laguna Leezer daughter ......but as you see the Lagunas are still hanging about in some of the racers peds :D

Just posting some pics for Bev (2dogs) of Sammy, who is Gelert's nephew.

sammy.jpg

sammy2.jpg

Thanks a lot for putting those on for me. I will get to grips with this photo attaching lark in the end!!!

Bev

How cute is he? :* :* :huggles: :huggles:

Back