The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

kickboards

KICK BOARDS GIVE 2/3 YARDS OUT OF THE BOXS.BUT IF YOU BANNED THEM THINK THE BENDS WOULD HAVE TO USE WHIPPET TRAPS AS THE GREYHOUND TRAPS WOULD BE FAR TO BIG.

PITY SOMEONE HASNT MADE A TRAP WITH A PERSPEX SIDE SO WE COULD SEE WHAT THEY DO, EVEN FILM IT.WITH AND WITHOUT A BOARD.WILL LOOK INTO IT SEE IF I CAN GET SOME RESULTS ON HERE,SOMIT TO DO WHEN YOUVE GOT NOWT TO RUN :rant: :wacko:

GREYHOUND DONT USE THEM AND THEY GET OUT,WONDER IF THEY GET MANY WHIP MUSCLE INJURYS??????
David my mate used perspex cos thats all he had at the time time cover a rusty rotted side he was going to paint it in but after he got to see what was happening in the traps he left it see thru, so was more luck than design, wish i still had it cos it really opend your eyes to what a dog actually does inside the traps, and how different ones exit the trap. and we ask dogs to do differnet things in whippet racing what i mean is on the straights they are in quite a while till us handlers walk run amble up the track and on the bends it's in, hares running, and out so whippets have a whole new ball game to learn. sorry got off the topic of spring boards. IMO opinon they should be withdrwn from use in straight events havent had much to do with bends so not able to give my opinion

Still think if you want to use one use it ...simple if you dont want to use one dont

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine stop using kick boards as long as all traps have a good floor in them, which is not always the case, what about trap floors with wooden lats across them broken toes i suspect or trap floors with smooth rubber in them making the dogs slip, or even floors that are loose or have holes in them. All clubs etc would have have traps that were of a certain standard. :b

Fine stop using kick boards as long as all traps have a good floor in them, which is not always the case, what about trap floors with wooden lats across them broken toes i suspect or trap floors with smooth rubber in them making the dogs slip, or even floors that are loose or have holes in them. All clubs etc would have

Totally agree with Florrence

Fine stop using kick boards as long as all traps have a good floor in them, which is not always the case, what about trap floors with wooden lats across them broken toes i suspect or trap floors with smooth rubber in them making the dogs slip, or even floors that are loose or have holes in them. All clubs etc would have have traps that were of a certain standard. :b
Hello Colin 8) I hope Alison's given you permission to use her pc, if not you can get ready when she's back from the dentist's (w00t) :lol:

Hello Colin 8) I hope Alison's given you permission to use her pc, if not you can get ready when she's back from the dentist's (w00t) :lol:
Geoff the pc is the dentists, going home now wont be back on till tuesday :p

Geoff the pc is the dentists, going home now wont be back on till tuesday :p
:b Sorry Boss :D

Still think if you want to use one use it ...simple if you dont want to use one dont

totally agree with u denise if people dont want to use one then simple dont. if u r worried about your dog getting injuries thru kickboards that much then dont use them (imo) id have thought most injuries were got @ the run in never even thought about a dog gettin an injury off a kickboard :wacko: also shud we ban front boards ie the borads that some people put on the front of the traps as this too wud save a lot of time etc but then some peoples dogs put their feet thru and thats why they r needed so IMO each to their own, but it wud b good to have a trap with a perspex side just to c wot goes on in there so get on the case david h lol

Fine stop using kick boards as long as all traps have a good floor in them, which is not always the case, what about trap floors with wooden lats across them broken toes i suspect or trap floors with smooth rubber in them making the dogs slip, or even floors that are loose or have holes in them. All clubs etc would haveTotally agree with Florrence
agree cudnt c most clubs being able to afford new traps etc as most r struggling as it is

ban the things alltogether :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

why? nobody is forced to use them, like i say it was brought in once to ban them and it got overturn with and EGM so wot does that tell u?

DONT KNOW HOW TO QUOTE YOUR PST DEE ub: BUT YOU KNOW RACERS WONT STOP USING BOARDS WHEN OTHERS ARE THATS NOT A LEVEL PLAYINGFIELD,LETS GET RID AND MAY THE FASTEST RUNNER WIN JUDITHO

SOON BE BONFIRE NIGHT BURN THE LOT OF THEM INCLUDING MINE.THATS MY OPINION

I would like to see whats the dogs could do without them,( but the perspex sided trap could be really beneficial to racing) IMO, for what it's worth. :lol:

if people r so against them then they personally dont have to use them. i remember big stevie runing malawi cob without one and she still used to win.

think you would end up with more injuries without a kickboard i say keep them if racers dont want to use them dont,

KICK BOARDS GIVE 2/3 YARDS OUT OF THE BOXS.BUT IF YOU BANNED THEM THINK THE BENDS WOULD HAVE TO USE WHIPPET TRAPS AS THE GREYHOUND TRAPS WOULD BE FAR TO BIG.

PITY SOMEONE HASNT MADE A TRAP WITH A PERSPEX SIDE SO WE COULD SEE WHAT THEY DO, EVEN FILM IT.WITH AND WITHOUT A BOARD.WILL LOOK INTO IT SEE IF I CAN GET SOME RESULTS ON HERE,SOMIT TO DO WHEN YOUVE GOT NOWT TO RUN :rant: :wacko:

GREYHOUND DONT USE THEM AND THEY GET OUT,WONDER IF THEY GET MANY WHIP MUSCLE INJURYS??????
not so for the sc dogs dave, more trouble than they are worth, i have always wanted rid of them..dogs dont need them, they will still trap fine, big or little, same for all....maybe a good idea to have a meeting without kickboards, and see how it goes...give them a chance....

think you would end up with more injuries without a kickboard i say keep them if racers dont want to use them dont,
you know as well as me that if you dont use them, and somebody in the race does, then they are at an advantage..also how can you think that there will be more injurys without them, on what grounds can you imagine what will happen....if you look at it the other way, then think when they are trapping of a board they are covering more ground sooner, before there muscles have had a chance to cope with it..

Like I said Carole, nobody is going to stop using a kickboard while someone else in the race is using one. What do you think it tells you when an EGM is used to overturn a ban, that it's the minority that want them.

Judith

Back