The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Kennels In East Anglia

sophie

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of good kennels in Norfolk/ Suffolk? Am getting increasingly desperate over a holiday planned over the Whit half term... My dog is only 6 months old and it feels a huge deal to leave him at all, and the kennels I had my heart set on is full....

Pm Lampingman or Paul Cork they may know of one, they live over there, you'll find them in the coursing section :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sophie,

I don't live in that area so can't help Im afraid. Frankie is booked in for kennels at the end of May. Although i know it's excellent, i really don't want him to go. Chloe has been a few times before and she's fine, but i think it's different for Whippets!

If you lived closer to me, i'd have him for you no problem. I think that maybe we should start a K9 boarding list. I wouldn't mind looking after others from time to time and maybe there's like minded people on here?

I looked into the companies where you send your dog to stay in someone's home while you're away. They charge £20 a day, plus you provide your own food - that seems very expensive to me.

:luck:

I would have had him but Mollie is due in season around that time and has silent ones too! (w00t) I suspect she would be delighted but at nearly 12 it would be a disaster! :lol: Its the reason we didn't keep a dog in the end. :(

jok said:
Hi Sophie,
I don't live in that area so can't help Im afraid.  Frankie is booked in for kennels at the end of May.  Although i know it's excellent, i really don't want him to go.  Chloe has been a few times before and she's fine, but i think it's different for Whippets!

If you lived closer to me, i'd have him for you no problem.  I think that maybe we should start a K9 boarding list.  I wouldn't mind looking after others from time to time and maybe there's like minded people on here?

I looked into the companies where you send your dog to stay in someone's home while you're away.  They charge £20 a day, plus you provide your own food  - that seems very expensive to me.

:luck:

that#s a great idea - I'd happily have someone else's dog from time to time. I'll start a NEW TOPIC on it! £20 a day is a helluva lot. If needs be and I can't find anywhere suitable, I'll just not go on holiday!!!

*Lesley* said:
Pm Lampingman or Paul Cork they may know of one, they live over there, you'll find them in the coursing section :thumbsup:
thanks, will chase up this lead in the morning!!! :)

Juley said:
I would have had him but Mollie is due in season around that time and has silent ones too! (w00t)   I suspect she would be delighted but at nearly 12 it would be a disaster! :lol:   Its the reason we didn't keep a dog in the end. :(
i know, Juley!!! the whippet lady I met today out walking might know of someone....

I live in the cambs/norfolk border and there are 2 very good boarding kennels around me with excellent reputations, pm if it is not too far for you Downham Market is where one of them is and Outwell is the other if you do a search you may well find them, hope that helps. :))

littleminx said:
I live in the cambs/norfolk border and there are 2 very good boarding kennels around me with excellent reputations, pm if it is not too far for you Downham Market is where one of them is and Outwell is the other if you do a search you may well find them, hope that helps.  :))
have you used them?

I imagine that there is only one kennel in Outwell, if it is the same one, we drive 2 1/2 hours each way to take our dogs there. The kennels are huge (even for a greyhound, so massive for a whippet!) and they regularly go into a large paddock.

I can Pm you details if you like.

Cerito

Last edited by a moderator:
I havnt used them but i know plenty of people who have, we have lots and dogs and horses so it is easier to get a house sitter in.

Yes it is the same one :thumbsup:

A relative of mine boards dogs in her own home, but they live in East Sussex.

Her web site is www.marysanimalcare.co.uk

They have a lovely house and well fenced garden, and the dogs that board live in the house with them. I can highly recommend her.

Back