The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Keep or get rid?

dogtime2015

Registered
Reaction score
So a few years ago my mum allowed me to get a chihuahua. Ever since she has never let the dog get use to the cats. When I'm not there she makes him stay in his cage. I now have a boyfriend and she insists I should get rid of the dog as he is always in his cage. He has now never been house trained so her excuse now is he stays in his cage otherwise he wees and poos everywhere. Firstly who's at wrong here and what should I do? Keep the dog or let him go?

Let the poor chap go, explain to any new potential owner that he is not house trained and why. I'm sure he deserves more than just living his life in a cage !!

Cages are fine for training and security purposes, they should be happy places, but no dog should "live" in a cage, they are not rabbits!

Sorry to say I agree, even though this is a small dog it isn't a good life in a cage all day. If you don't have your own place where you can take him, find another home where someone will give him the time.

Your both at fault, you for not thinking about the long road ahead and her for leaving the poor thing in a cage, ditch the boyfriend and train the dog as it will be more faithfull....

Back