The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Just Wondered ??

Dylan's Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It just struck me resently that most of the members on here own several whippets, I am always being told whippets love companie, I just wondered if there were any other people who own one whippet ?

I belive that Smirnoff would not like another whippet or dog around :angry: she loves to be the centre of attention to much lol :b she loves pottering around the garden and having her own seat on the couch, that I really don't think she would want another dog coming into her terrtory.

But I just wondered as so many people have told me they should have a companion, I wanted to know that there are other happy single whippets out there ?

and here are some photos of Smirnoff, attacking a wooden spoon this morning :lol:

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

My Grace is a single whippet and very very happy that way. :D She is great when were out with other dogs but will not have any in the house.She knows she is the only one and it suits her just fine :teehee: Lots of love,no one nicking her toys,favourite chair,and best of all no one steals her food.Smirnoff is very beautiful and looks very happy :cheers:

Pearly is an 'only' whippet. She seemed really fine and jolly during the hols (8weeks of them) but we have noticed a change since we went back to work. :( I do think she really misses us, even tho she's not on her own for more than 2 hours at a time.

We only wanted one dog, but we are keeping a close eye on her. If she settles again and seems happy, we'll stick to one, but at the moment I think the future may well hold another whippet in store!!! :- "

Meant to add that your little pup is just lovely - such a wee character!

Last edited by a moderator:
gypsy is a only whippet, and she's fine..........in fact i think she quite likes all the attention to herself, she gets a bit funny when my mums dog comes and sits on me :- "

just wondering are you a big dylan fan? :thumbsup:

Our Penny is an only dog in the house and she is very happy, she is 4 now, so I don't know how she would feel about another dog coming in the house now. She does love running about and playing with other dogs when out though. She doesnt seem to mind being house alone, she is always very happy and always gets lots of love and attention from us all. Your puppy is adorable!!!

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
These comments are very resuring and backing up what I thought !!

thanks !

orion said:
just wondering are you a big dylan fan? :thumbsup:

Well I must admit I am a very big dylan fan, I collect alot, have the all the cd's of course lol :b

I just use this username as it is one I have had for a long time, I suppose i should have picked a doggy one for here lol

smirnoff is adorable :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: is vodka your favourite drink?! :cheers:

I think Izzy is happy alone, but she would like some company at times and loves her lurcher "cousins"!

Smirnoff is beautiful, cool name :thumbsup:

I really liked the name smirnoff, But I don't mind vodka, but love rum and coke more lol :lol:

Smirnoff is gorgeous! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I think it depends on your whippet. Some like company and seem to need it; others are very happy on their own. It all depends what suits you and your dog. :)

Back