The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Just Joined

Rcleary171

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Group,

Just landed here and looking forward to connecting with fellow dog lovers. I have a beagle/terrier mix what we rescued 10 years ago. Great family dog but not too social. A real alpha dog.

Hi there!
I've got a husky with a very strong personality too! She loves to play but lots of dogs seem to take an instant dislike to her unfortunately!

Hi , I have a slightly antisocial dog too .. Beagle terrier mix wow!

I think some dogs just happen to have threatening appearance.
Boxers often do, at least I hear from boxer humans that their sweet pups are not much liked on their walks, by other dogs.
I think huskies fall into this category too, maybe because of their intense eyes?

I don’t have a lot of experience with terriers, but I always thought they are meant to be a bit anti-social, fiesty, take no nonesense from noone types.... I too preferrer to stay away from terriers, and not mess with them :)

Anyway - for the husky, there ought to be some dogs who enjoy her way of playing. I would just stick to those.

Hi there. Oo- terriers. The jury is still out on whether terriers or collies are the smartest breed. ;) Beagles...not so much.:p Which does your favour?

Hi there. Oo- terriers. The jury is still out on whether terriers or collies are the smartest breed. ;) Beagles...not so much.:p Which does your favour?

I beg to differ with your comment about Beagles... in fact they are very intelligent so much so that they have developed a way to make humans think they are daft so that they are not expected to do anything except eat and look pretty... :D:D:D

I think some dogs just happen to have threatening appearance.
I agree, and it's nothing to do with their temperament. To a dog, direct eye contact and a fully face on approach can be intimidating and I certainly see in my own dog that he can become anxious if he sees a broad fronted dog like a bulldog, mastiff, staffy etc. The dog's actual behaviour isn't relevant to him, simply their shape and conformation puts him on edge.

Back