The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Jeyes fluid on concrete

Lijong

Registered
Reaction score
I've been helping two neighbours with small shopping trips during the lockdown.

The lady over the road has a hardstanding area of concrete where her dog goes to the toilet and I mentioned it smelt nice and she said she used Jeyes fluid as it gets rid of the smell of her dog wee. I was under the impression it shouldn't be used where dogs go and so I mentioned it to her which now has her worried.
As she doesn't have internet I said I'd ask around and ask for alternatives to Jeyes that are dog safe unless I've read it wrong and it's ok?

Thank you, any suggestions welcome

Lijong

I would never use jeyes fluid around my dogs ...it can affect eyes and breathing ...guidelines are to make sure the area is completely dry before allowing dogs to go on the area ...but i wouldn't risk it ...
Zoflora is the safest disinfectant to use for dogs ...as long as its diluted correctly

Last edited:
I use Jeyes fluid with no problem to wash my patio down where the dogs go,it can also be used to clean hutches,kennels and stables:)

We have always use Jeyes on concreted areas..BUT...it is been diluted, brushed on, left for 10 minutes and then rinsed off...we never leave it on to dry off. For some reason Zoflora's smells seem to us much more stronger and as OH being asthmatic, it makes him reach to his inhaler very quickly, nor my lungs like it at all.

I used to use fairly strong bleach to wash our back yard down to kill the smell of wee'
These days I use "Glimmermanns" Kennel Cleaner and Odour Eliminator. I have the baby powder scent and use it indoors too, (bathroom and toilet).
It lists loads of bacteria and viruses that it kills.
I have just topped up with an order of 20 ltr (4x5 ltr) cost £29.99 on ebay, free delivery.

Last edited:
Back