The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Jesse's 'igloo' Bed...

xxwhippetloverxx

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

In a previous thread called 'undercover' I mentioned Jesse's 'igloo' and many of you wanted to see photos of it ... so here they are!! :p

Don't really know why we call it an igloo because it doesnt look like one... but oh well!

What do you think of my mums handy work? Jesse certainly seems to like it!!

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

View attachment 4458

Last edited by a moderator:
Didyour mum make that?? Hmmm - I see a marketing opportunity here BIG time!!! I'll gladly be the first customer

Wendy

:p yes my mum did make it!

Jesse absoloutly adores it... maybe we could go into marketing ... but the postage would be EXTREMELY expensive... as the opening frame work is solid wood... :sweating:

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

:p Thanks nicola!!

Jesse was obsessed with being covered over and would wake us up at least 4 times every night for us to pick up his duvet and tuck him in. So we really needed to find away that he could do it himself.. and this was the answer!!

It's great because there is an opening which is really easy for jesse to walk into but after the entrance the material falls to the floor so it sunggles around him! :wub:

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

That is absolutely brilliant! I love it - and pleeeeeeease can we see Jesse in it? (Poking a whippet nose out!)

I can see that MOH is going to roll his eyes in despair at being asked to construct some kind of similar ogloo contraption. I already have homemade stairgates lined up ( the side of an old brass babysafe fireguard which is door sized... all it needs is some wooden feet to make it stand up, then I can move it whichever doorway with a minimum of fuss, but you'd think I'd asked him to make me an internal combustion engine using loo rolls and sticky back plastic!)

:p

That's a fantastic idea! I wonder if PVC would work for the frame? What keeps it from falling over?

Rachel

OOoooo, lucky Jesse. I could crawl right in myself -_-

Very ingenious and clever. My little old Sophie Whippet would LOVE one of those!

xxwhippetloverxx said:
:p yes my mum did make it!
Jesse absoloutly adores it... maybe we could go into marketing ... but the postage would be EXTREMELY expensive... as the opening frame work is solid wood...  :sweating:

Emma and Jesse

xxxx            xxxx
As long as you're somewhere in the UK I'm sure we could work something out LOL.

I've seen some fabulous Hutches made by someone in the states that are similar in idea (though not quite in design), that I'd love, but shipping to here would be cost prohibitive.

Wendy

Can we have a photo of Jesse in his igloo please?! :*

Pearl said:
That's a fantastic idea!  I wonder if PVC would work for the frame?  What keeps it from falling over? 
Rachel
I was wondering about aluminium poles, but thought it might tip over if it was too light?

My Archie is a very odd whip......He can't stand the heat and lays all froggy legged most of the time. I wish he liked an igloo. I think he is claustrophobic (many will remember the cage saga.) I manage the occasional close up and personal though.......for all of 3 minutes!!!!!! :eek:

What a great luxury appartment! :thumbsup:

Did mum use a sleeping bag?

:lol: lol i'm so suprised by how many people are interested by my Jesse's igloo!

It would be extremely difficult for us to make them and post them for you... but I could make a

'how to make a whippet igloo' guide for you all?

I'll go and make a start on that now and if any one wants one just give me your email and I'll send you one :p ok?

They are very easy to make! Well... hopefully!

When you're done please take a photo for me and show me yours! It would be lovely to know that I have helped cold whippets in need!!

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

and we DO want piccies of Jesse in his!!! Purleeeeeeeeeeeeeese? :p

:p I would have posted a photo by now but I'm affraid that in this extreme heat (south of england) he isn't using it at the moment!

As soon as he does I'll snap a photo for you all!!

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

PS

Doing the 'how to' right now!

:D all done!

So, if anyone here would like a 'how to' guide to making your Jesse igloo then please see my other thread and leave your email address!!

Emma and Jesse

xxxx xxxx

Back