The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Jess Is Here

parker ink

Registered
Reaction score
Jess is here. :) had a looong walk in the snow with them both. All going fabby so far. She sells tho. Wet collie - bluegh. Whippets are 'low odour' so the smell of a real dog is a bit of a shock. We will get her bathed in couple days when her new microchip has settled down.

The only hoint of trouble was a small squabble that dissopated in a second. Thje other was that sje saw sittiong beside me and Cody approached. She looked at him v focussed and raised her lip a tiny bit. I gave her a jab in the shoiulder to show that I disagreed woith it and to snap her out of it. It worked. It will takle time fopr them to sort things out but in my presence I won't tolerate squabbles.

Another thing is that every time I stand up she is straight over but I guess this anxiety will fade. She is a very nice dog.I think sje will be a good influence on Cody and give him some of the confidence he sometimes lacks re strange thing/people/ dogs.

They are both sleeping now, very tired.

:eek: sorry re spelling. Am on blackberry and the buttonms are tiny.

Great news ! I would expect a few little squabbles in the beginning but that should stop quite soon ;)

It sounds very positive :)

I'm sure they will be best of friends very soon - have a wonderful Christmas and New Year :cheers: :)

That's great news, I'm really pleased things are going well. As she's an older bitch Cody will naturally defer to her anyway, so I'm sure they'll sort things out for themselves pretty quickly.

Glad to hear that Jess has arrived at her new home. I'm sure Cody will soon love his new companion and vice versa. Best of luck with her :luck:

Glad all is going well. Would love to see some photos of the duo.

The smell of a longer haired dog is rather pungent compared to a whippet isn't it? Stan stinks when he's wet too, but i've got used to it. My car always smells as a result and I get some rather wrinkled noses from fellow passengers. :p

They have had their legs walked off them today. I haven't let her off the lead yet as I fear she may bolt for 'home' which is only a few streets away. When Cody was bouncing around in the snow she showed a definate interest in playing.

She is so obedient its unreal. Automatic response to commands. Cody is obedient but in a more ... Um...er...cat like way.

They are both sleeping on seperate beds and are peaceful. I am tempted to leave them together but I guess I had better play safe and put Jess in the back kitchen before I go to bed. Actuay, I can see that she might become more assertive as her confidnece grows so day three may be the one to watch, rather than thinking all is fine just because day one went well.

She has firmly attached herself to me which is good. If she can trust me her transition will be a lot easier. She did pull towards her old house though :( V sad.

When I had my 8 yo boy approach her I did notice a tension in her and a very kind of still watchfulness. I need to really take note of that.

My boy is npt allowed to touch or speak to her unless he gets my permission.

He understands this and doenst see Jess as a new toy for him to maul around. Even if she doesn't like children now she will slowly grow used to him.

Boy is aware she may dislike children but he isn't afaid of her, her just ignores her and she him.

He is respectful of animals and my little hill cob used to hate him, threatening to take chunks out of him. Now he can lead her around like a lamb.

But it took a couple years and she still hates other children.

OH likes her a lot and the girls (teens) are delighted with her. All is good :)

Glad all is going well. Would love to see some photos of the duo.
The smell of a longer haired dog is rather pungent compared to a whippet isn't it? Stan stinks when he's wet too, but i've got used to it. My car always smells as a result and I get some rather wrinkled noses from fellow passengers. :p
Omg yes. And your hands small after you have stroked them. The smell of horse on ur hands is lovely but dog is more.. kind of sweaty? Zoe (my vain 15yo) kept stroking her, washing her hands then was unable to resist stroking her again and re-manking her hands.. Was v funny.

Just back from a beautiful walk in the sunshine and snow w boy and dogs. You guys were right about it being a case of the more the merrier when it comes to dogs.

No trouble at all taling two dogs. Jess came back when called (I dared to let her off lead)) the dogs played nicely together and wiffled about in the snow. I had the boy hold Jess's lead when on leash and she was biddable. A really brilloant morning and I am really pleased we have her, rather than feeling dutiful as I did before.

She refused to chase Cody though, which he found most dissapointing :lol:

Back