The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

It You Couldnt Have A Whippet Or Any Hound

If not allowed a whippet it would have to be a greyhound or a lurcher. (w00t)

If not allowed a hound at all it would have to a french bulldog - there is just something about them! :-

unfortunatly my life just would not be complete without a hound in it but i would love a boston terrier or a french bulldog or pug oh and if i could an akita at a push :lol:

Along with the hounds we have always had toys, my favourites obviously being the ig's, secondly Chinese Crested Hairless & third place Poms (i still have one now & she rules the roost, the whippies & Affie are terrified of her, she weighs all of 3lb :eek: )

i've always wanted a poodle or a border collie lol although i have a soft spot for iggies

if i couldnt have any hound type then it ould have to be a chinese creasted hairless then a longhaired minatuer dachund if nearthere of them its a poodle im affrad but not with any fancy cuts just a nice short trimm as i love there shape aswell as there natures

I want an Affenpinscher. I was going to start looking for one this year but as I have kept two from my last litter of Whipps and the two oldies are still going strong at the moment, I am going to have to put that on the back burner at the mo.
Then I would like another Borzoi and when I retire I am going to get another horse. OH is cool about that but what I haven't told him is that it is going to be a pure-bred Arab!!!

I was not taken with affenpinschers as a breed (thought they looked like an old man) until I spent a few dyas with them. Viv and I spent time with Nenne Runsten, with her whippets and affens. I was absolutley hooked on them by the time I left. They have a wonderful charachter. I love the way Nenne presents hers (I do know that they say that they should not be trimmed but I think it is much nicer)

For me if I couldn't choose any kind of hound it would have to be a poodle or a heinz 57 :D

In the past i've shared my home and heart with......

Black Labrador, Boxer, Yorkie, Tibetan Terrier, JRT,

GSD, lhasa Apso and a little mongrel.

I can't imagine having any other breed than Whippets

now to be honest, but if i had to have some other breed

it would be between.....

Schnauzer, Beddlington, Fox Terrier or another JRT.

So many choices :lol:

oh can i have an Airdale Terrier as well as the Dandie Dinmont ;)

Simply can't imagine life without a Whippet or two...... to wait on hand and foot!!

So I guess no Whippets & no hounds we'd be a sad dogless household. After all Whippets do rule!!!!!

Belgian Shepherds for me (Groenendael or Terv). Most intelligent dogs Ive come across. My number one choice of dog but couldnt commit to another 16 years of the work involved keeping them entertained and mentally stimulated. Still miss my babies dreadfully, even after 6 years :(

This is a hard one, I hope it wont be the case with the Whippet but I have always found it to hard to go back to the same breed, I think its because I get so attached to them I can't see another of the breed taking the place of my lost friend, rebound and all that :lol: :lol:I need counciling :lol: It was me with the Neo in other posting :p

Right what was the question? What -_- -_- :thumbsup: Any working breed that would excel in agility

I fostered a crossbreed (lab-collie-greyhound??), shorthaired but hair like labrador not smooth as a whippet, about 22 inches and 45 lbs. She wasn't particularly beautiful, but I loved her personality so I'd be happy to have her back.

in purebreeds,non hound, probably a smooth collie. I puppy raised one and she was great. Intelligent but not difficult to handle. Also I like the idea of supporting a minority breed. I like border collies, but they're harder to keep.

I like the look of setters and pointers and dobermans but don't know enough about their temperaments to say. I definitely like all types of pointers to have their tails long; as for the dobes some have rather unattractive tails unfortunately, though I don't like docked tails either.

If no whippets-----for sure 7 patterdale terriers.! :-

apart from whippets ,i just adore rhodesion ridgebacks and i used to own a gorgeous one called gemma sadly she died at a only 6 due to an enlarged heart :(

R R are hounds , Next choice please :lol:

Simply can't imagine life without a Whippet or two...... to wait on hand and foot!!So I guess no Whippets & no hounds we'd be a sad dogless household. After all Whippets do rule!!!!!

Good one , well spotted :thumbsup:

mmm a difficult one because I only like whippets.. :clown: but I love sighthounds in general, so if No whippets..then an Italian Greyhound or a Deerhound

and if I had to choose 'No hound' :lol: at all.....then maybe a Pointer... :D or yes Like Jax...More Cats or just more small furries...
oh janis, thats clever, iggys arnt classed as houds are they, they are toy?? (w00t) :blink:

oh i would have an iggy :wub: :wub:

Not in the UK they arent , but the rest of the world they are hounds , so that is cheating :lol:

apart from whippets ,i just adore rhodesion ridgebacks and i used to own a gorgeous one called gemma sadly she died at a only 6 due to an enlarged heart :(

R R are hounds , Next choice please :lol:
:lol: i havent got one ,i guess im just a hound dog :teehee:

If I couldn't have a hound it would have to be a GSD to replace my beloved Beethoven.

I certainly would NOT have more than 1 irish setter Zoe is crazy I just couldn't cope with another like her

good old fashioned mongrel for me , or GSD or possibly belgian shepherd??? id love a haired chinese crested , i travel to shows with a hairless boy and he is fantastic!!

Back