The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Isps/phone Providers

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score
We've been having no end of trouble with Tiscali for almost a year and have decided we've had enough! :angry: It's far too complicated to explain but they have cut our phones off twice and even though they have an adjudication against them they still can't sort it out. :wacko: And we can't change providers until everything is sorted so we have decided to get a completely new line installed. (w00t) Sounds drastic but it's getting my husband so stressed and he needs a land line for his work that it's worth the extra expense. So we are looking to change providers for internet and phone and wondered what people's experiences of various companies are.

We had thought of Sky but a friend of mine says they are useless, and BT are quite expensive so we're not sure what to go for which is why I thought i'd canvass people's opinions on here. Just hope it's not a case of 'out of the frying pan, into the fire!' :sweating: Thanks. :thumbsup:

we use virgin media, and have done for quite a while. their 3 for 30 quid package is a good deal, and their customer services have always been spot on (when we were wanting to upgrade etc). thats just my personal experience though. i have heard bad things about tiscali too.

All I can say is - you are doing the right thing by getting a new line! We tried to change from Tiscali to Sky but they wouldn't let us (w00t) They kept telling us that they had put the special 'flags' on the line but Sky said they hadn't. Neither would budge so in the end we stayed with Tiscali. To be fair, we have never had a problem with Tiscali and I have been with them, broadband and normal, for 8 years so we decided to stay but I got them right down on price and I'm happy with that.

We only wanted to go with Sky because it was free but after we couldn't get it we decided to cancel the tv altogether as we didn't watch it. John now has sport on Setanta online for 8 quid - bargain. It also means that he can put the headphones in and I can still watch tv while the footballs on :cheers:

I can't really suggest another provider as I've never used any other, I think they're all as bad as each other to be honest!

jezza said:
All I can say is - you are doing the right thing by getting a new line! We tried to change from Tiscali to Sky but they wouldn't let us  (w00t)   They kept telling us that they had put the special 'flags' on the line but Sky said they hadn't. Neither would budge so in the end we stayed with Tiscali. To be fair, we have never had a problem with Tiscali and I have been with them, broadband and normal, for 8 years so we decided to stay but I got them right down on price and I'm happy with that.
We only wanted to go with Sky because it was free but after we couldn't get it we decided to cancel the tv altogether as we didn't watch it. John now has sport on Setanta online for 8 quid - bargain. It also means that he can put the headphones in and I can still watch tv  while the footballs on  :cheers:

I can't really suggest another provider as I've never used any other, I think they're all as bad as each other to be honest!

We'd never had a problem before this one in over 10 years, but they're certainly making up for it now!!! I want to stay with Sky TV as Setanta don't do Championship matches - once we get in the Premiership :- " maybe I'll change my mind!

gilliwigs said:
jezza said:
All I can say is - you are doing the right thing by getting a new line! We tried to change from Tiscali to Sky but they wouldn't let us  (w00t)   They kept telling us that they had put the special 'flags' on the line but Sky said they hadn't. Neither would budge so in the end we stayed with Tiscali. To be fair, we have never had a problem with Tiscali and I have been with them, broadband and normal, for 8 years so we decided to stay but I got them right down on price and I'm happy with that.
We only wanted to go with Sky because it was free but after we couldn't get it we decided to cancel the tv altogether as we didn't watch it. John now has sport on Setanta online for 8 quid - bargain. It also means that he can put the headphones in and I can still watch tv  while the footballs on  :cheers:

We'd never had a problem before this one in over 10 years, but they're certainly making up for it now!!! I want to stay with Sky TV as Setanta don't do Championship matches - once we get in the Premiership :- " maybe I'll change my mind!

Gillian you've lost me - I don't know what the words Championship or Premiership mean :lol:

jezza said:
gilliwigs said:
jezza said:
We only wanted to go with Sky because it was free but after we couldn't get it we decided to cancel the tv altogether as we didn't watch it. John now has sport on Setanta online for 8 quid - bargain. It also means that he can put the headphones in and I can still watch tv   while the footballs on  :cheers:

Gillian you've lost me - I don't know what the words Championship or Premiership mean :lol:

Just ask John!!! :- " :lol:

Back