The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Is This A Normal Time For Shedding?

K9art

Registered
Reaction score
Since Libby is new to our home, I was just wondering about her shedding now.

My horse is shedding like crazy, so maybe dogs do too...?

Dogs do shed. :thumbsup: Has she been living in a kennel before moving into your house? Sorry but I can't remember where you got her from! :wacko: If so, she's losing the rough coat she needed for outdoor living and adjusting to central heating. Stress may be playing a part, but if she's otherwise ok and eating well then I wouldn't worry about it. :)

My Springer & my part-colour have started to shed. My two fawns haven't yet, I usually find my blue girl is the last & sheds the least hair. My lot always start at this time of the year. :thumbsup:

oliverpliers said:
Dogs do shed. :thumbsup: Has she been living in a kennel before moving into your house? Sorry but I can't remember where you got her from! :wacko: If so, she's losing the rough coat she needed for outdoor living and adjusting to central heating. Stress may be playing a part, but if she's otherwise ok and eating well then I wouldn't worry about it. :)
I think she has been indoors most of the time (by the heater I might add! ;) )

We probably keep our house a bit warmer than some people, since coming from Florida, we're not exactly used to the cold weather! BRRRRRR :unsure:

Back