The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

International Champion

whipowill

Registered
Reaction score
:unsure: I was recently in a website where I saw a dog advertised as an American & International champion. Is "International Champion" an official title and if so who issues it ? Or is is simply a discriptive term that has been added by the owners?

International Champion is very much an official title, delivered by the FCI (Federation cynologique Internationale).

To become an International champion 4 CACIBs are requested, won in minimum of 3 different countries under a minimum of 3 different judges. Also you need 1 year between the 1st CACIB and the last CACIB (for example if your dog wins 30 CACIBs (w00t) in 6 months he isn't a International champion).

The CACIB is the International version of the CC. It is delivered at International dog shows only.

I hope my explaination is understandable :wacko: :b and helped you.

For example for an american dog I guess he was shown in South American countries to get this title (the CACIB isn't delivered in the US, the AKC isn't under FCI rules).

Thanks for that Tamara. I had always thought that it was an FCI title, but now I have discovered that apparently they use the same title in the USA for a totally different thing. I have permission to cross post this from a Vizsla list that I am a member of of.

"Usually when referring to US dogs who state they are an International

champion they are talking about the International All Breed Canine

Association of America (IABCA)

Here is there website that explains about their championship process.

http://www.internationaldogshow.com/

Most people advertise their IABCA championship as International Champion.

My dogs sire is an Am & International Champion so we write it Am/Int'l Ch or

Am & Int'l Ch

Although, a friend whose Aussie is a champion in 7 Countries lists him as an

International Champion and he does not have an IABCA championship.

Hope this helps

Jen Miller

Stardust Knl

Beagles & Vizsla

Hazel Park, MI

www.geocities.com/stardustknl "

Last edited by a moderator:
whipowill said:
:blink: This is the actual link to the explanation of how they work etc...http://www.internationaldogshow.com/About%20IABCA.htm

:blink: The more I read on the US website the more confused I become, apparently they use AKC or Canadian or German judges who judge under the country of origin standard.

:rant: I'm sorry but I can't help but think of it as a cheap knock off of the FCI title. :angry:

There is no way you could compare FCI Int. Ch. with the American title.

I was told that in America everyone can start a Kennel Club or Assosiation. The American Kennel Club has no members but is owned and run by a handfull of people like any other business. At least this is was I was told by several American friends ( who doesnt give anything for the U.S. Int`l title )

so what is a world champion then?a dog i used who went to france became a world and international champion.i never bothered to find out what the qualifications were for this title

kris said:
so what is a world champion then?a dog i used who went to france became a world and international champion.i never bothered to find out what the qualifications were for this title
world champion is not an official title...To become world (or european champion)a dog has to win the world (or european) championship show...

World champion is not a tittle recognized by the FCI

thanks for that nathalie :thumbsup:

Nathalie said:
kris said:
world champion is not an official title...To become world (or european champion)a dog has to win the world (or european) championship show...

World champion is not a tittle recognized by the FCI

Well in fact I think (but not 100% sure :unsure: ) that it is recognised by the FCI (the show is held by the FCI anyway :wacko: ) but not recognised by all national kennel clubs.

For my Spike his World title will never be written on his french pedigree (not recognised by the SCC which is the French KC) but somebody who has a daughter from him in Germany asked me a copy of his title as it is recognised by the VDH (German KC)....

:blink: :blink: :blink:

World CH. is like you say Tamara an F.C.I title. I have owned several in different breeds, and they all had the title added on the pedigree.

My Whippetbitch Int. Ch. Multi Ch. Honey Honey Du Tadjura was a double World Ch. She was born in France, but I dont recal if she was living in France or in Switzerland when she won her titles, anyway, they were both added on her pedigree.

Back