The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Interesting Facts

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score
We were both talking the other day after looking at the Ch Ch's trophy how much of a fantastic bitch Biddy is to have won it 3 consecutive times really does take some doing and it got me thinking about other dogs winning prestigious events.

I know obviously Good as Gold took Sup Rch 4 consecutive times and Hellbound i think is the only dog ever to take 6 Rch titles on the bounce?

Then there's Gold Run winning the Scottish Derby twice on the trot.

I also loved the fact that both Jackarella & Drama Queen, littermates and both took Sup Rch Dog & Bitch the same weekend, that's a brilliant achievement for a breeder.

I love looking at the old trophies and seeing what dogs have previously won an event.

Any others you can think of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold Run and Our Amy both took Sup Bitch and Dog at BWRA puppy champs I think.

I enjoy seeing club trophies that go back over 30 years, some are champions, some are open class, some are just club level but you can even track some owners back through their dogs from club level whippets to champions and open class, people that are really in it for the sport not just the winning :D

interestin fact how many dogs they had to beat to get them titles a long time ago.even at handicap level

Lyndas Rch. Sup.Nat.Ch. Sovereign Rose. was i belive the first bitch or dog to have been placed in the Whippet News top 10 4 yrs. on the trot. Les.

Might be wrong but i think "Elbon Mite" is the only dog ever to win the "Scottish Derby Veterans" three years running.

Blue boy and Rosies Double won chch's on the bends on the same day with Mad Mick and Aquaius also winning additional titles on the same day!

and blue is still taking rabbits in bognor to this day not bad hey lol

two littermate same weigh two dogs won SUP RCH AT MEASHAM 150 DOGS PLUS born in manfield woodhose ??????????who

tony warren said:
and blue is still taking rabbits in bognor to this day not bad hey lol
THE FANTASTIC LITTER BROTHERS MR ROSS AND LITTLE JIM MAC THE KNIFE/MIDNIGHT REVUE .NOT ONLY WON SUPREMES BUT DOMINATED OPEN RACING MUST INSPIRE HUGGY BEAR AND DARLO TO FIND SOMETHING AS GOOD VERY DIFFICULT.

can anyboby name rest of litter of the above?????????

well done rob has you can see im working hard colleage :oops: :oops: :oops:

son of a bitch is the only ever scratch dog to win 4 consecutive titles at one weight.he still has the track record at old hall,8.04 over 150 in 1999.awesome.

loved watching tye race robert :) definatly a legend in scratch racing :thumbsup:

blue goblin took 2, 16 pound titles on bends back to back lord byron sup vet 2 year of the trot supreme vet fed champ 2 year of the belt derby vets twice :) was chuffed with her racing carear also 23supreme open wins not bad for a 16 pounder also a string of titles :)

i think wonderwall won 3 no limit consecutive bend titles with the fed topping the 3rd with ch chs :thumbsup:

talking about no limit scr dogs back in the early eighties you could only get a scr title with the fed the bwra had 32lb limit so there was only one bend and one straight title up for grabs for no limit dogs, I then owned a bitch called Hollywood and I never bend raced her she won that straight no limit title 3 years on the trot and was in the final on the fourth year. I do not know if any no limiter has won this title 3 times or more? she was a smashing dog broke many track records and went on and produced a no limit champion Bicarb

Stienman took his first bend title at 8 an a half months old and his first supreme at at just a year old. He gave me a lot of pleasure running him over the years and retired from racing at 8 years old. Stewert when he won all the opens in Devon one year ,even dead heated with Dawms Mystery who was 20lb and he was 29lb over 150y :) :)

Moany Moany only one eyed champion whippet 8) or so I am told :b . Had to get her in somewhere lol :teehee: .

Back