The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

INDEPENDENT BEND

June Jonigk

Registered
Reaction score
Following the Independent PWRC AGM today, I am posting a message to clear up some confusion over the Independent Bend Open on 7th April.  Some people have been told that the open will be changed to a straight, I can confirm that this is incorrect, and as planned it will be a bend.

Eight members turned out for a work party 3 weeks ago, and we spread 15 tons of compost around the bend, and into the dips in the track.  We went to have a look today and the grass is growing up through it nicely.  It should be lovely by April, and nice and soft for your whippets paws! ;)

Some people were bothered last year about the grooves made by the well meaning farmer, who cut the grass with his tractor mower when the ground was soft.  We rolled the ground, but the grooves were still apparent.  Rest assured, the ground is now well repaired, and we look forward to seeing you all at the open.

Hi June

I know you will have already thought of this but how about scanning the entry form and posting it here. :p

I had thought about it Mark, but now I'm using Windows 2000, my old scanner isn't compatible.  My old computer isn't well, I need to fit a new fan, so I can't scan it on there.  My new scanner arrived this morning, and as I start my new job today I don't think I'll have time to set it up.  Eventually I will post one, unless Nigel receives one soon and then he might do it???!!! :D

Hi June

And I thought it was just me who had problems with computers :D

I think we should start a new thread for Open entry forms, that way everyone could down load what they want from one place? ;)

see u soon (probably at the indi open)

Hi June,

long time no see. Hope you and Steve are well. When do the entries close for the Indie bend ? Mark Roberts going to an open other than the northern ????????

Cheers,

Scott.

Hi Scott

Hope you and Joanne are well.  The closing date for the Independent Bend is 29th March.  Will you be there?  Mark said a few might come down form the Northern, it would be good to see you all.  

Just a thought - If Mark is going to travel, shouldn't we give some warning to other road users?!! :0

Hi June

What would you need to warn other Rd users for? i'll just do what I always do on long journys i'll have a kip :0

Oh well that should clear the roads nicely for the Cu-Luath team to come down!!!!

Scott are we going to have to queue behind Mark again at the burger van?!

I think that Jo and I will pop down for a look. Need to get the little git's passport sorted but still time. June I think we'll all have to get in the burger van queue behind Jo! (good job she hasn't a computer)

Hi Scott :D

Is you're passport problem because you live to far from a seconder :p

and as Jo's not got a computer i've printed this thread out for her (gosh i'm nice) so I take it you'll be at Jackies tommorow.

Talking of burger vans - I didn't buy anything from the man who has been at the Independent the last few times (they were unable to get anyone else).  It looked dirty, and the cook didn't look much better.  Steve had to throw away a half cooked burger.

Good news is they have arranged another catering van, and I'm informed the food is good, so I'll be in front of you all for my bacon butty on the Sunday morning. :p

No chance June!!

I've already had practice this year, (see posting on coursing board!)  

:p

I hope to come down for the day - June you might get an entry form in when I can work out Storm's weight!!!

Back