The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

independant

Anthony H

Registered
Reaction score
i think that the independant is a good idea i was thinking the other day do u think that they will eventually have independant racing titles like bwra and nwrf have?

Hi there Anthony, i for one hope not, you see the state boxing is in, the more titles there are the less they are valued. I do however think the indepedent is a good idea and wish them all the best and look forward to racing with them.It is high time there was some new ideas and new faces injecting their ideas into this sport for without them the writing is on the wall, there may  be no racing in future years to come.

Steve.

I do hope they introduce titles - even if intialy they are perceived to be worthless - which will not be the case if they get quality dogs running. The boxing similae is somewhat false as in that  example most of the associations are invented to allow one promoters stable of boxers to avoid the real champions and thus gain credability by winining titles without facing real opposisition in an effort to make money through hype. Whippet racers tend to race where there is a good event. Hence a 150 dog "independant" title would be more prestigous than a 100 dog fed title or a title wher the best dogs where excluded because the ruling bodies had banned them under some spurious pretext

i myself think that the independant is a great idea as over the last couple of years all ive heard when going racing any where is a load of people moaning and groaning about all the drug testing,venues,ect so hopfully we can go to the independant opens and enjoy racing once more. having a event to run for a states would be great weve all got to start some where even if it takes a while to get reconised

gary says you might do well next season when you are in the 1st division again lol

It was not me who sent that last message,it was Kieren.                                                                                Marie and Gerry say hello,Jackie's pups are all doing fine,don't know much about Ricky's havent seen him this year. Marie and Gerry want some lodging's for the English Derby,Scooby Doo also needs a bed for the night.

gary says no way he is listening to them 2 all night if ive got my caravan by then they can use it

Back