The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

In Season Whippet/collie Cross

molly's mummy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi i hope someone can help

My 10month old whippet/collie cross has just finished her first proper season (4 long Weeks!!) However last night she was sleeping and my partner went to pat her and she snapped and bit him. (she absolutley adores him as he gives her so much attention and cuddles) Almost immediately she grabbed one of her toys and held it in her mouth and paced about. Im really worried - but then someone suggested she may now have a phantom pregnancy and she has thought my partner has been trying to get to her "babies".

I'd really appreciate some advice if anyone can help.

Molly's mummy.

no advice sorry but just to say i really hope you get things sorted, there are many people on here with some great advice

Best of luck

molly said:
My 10month old whippet/collie cross has just finished her first proper season (4 long Weeks!!)  However last night she was sleeping and my partner went to pat her and she snapped and bit him.  (she absolutley adores him as he gives her so much attention and cuddles)  Almost immediately she grabbed one of her toys and held it in her mouth and paced about.  Im really worried - but then someone suggested she may now have a phantom pregnancy and she has thought my partner has been trying to get to her "babies". 

Molly's mummy.

Now i have a golden retriever, during and after one of her seasons, she would carry around one of her favourite toys, and was grumpy towards me if i was to take the toy away, not like her shes a real docile dog, so yes she could be having a phantom :thumbsup:

keith

molly said:
My 10month old whippet/collie cross has just finished her first proper season (4 long Weeks!!)  However last night she was sleeping and my partner went to pat her and she snapped and bit him.  (she absolutley adores him as he gives her so much attention and cuddles)  Almost immediately she grabbed one of her toys and held it in her mouth and paced about.  Im really worried - but then someone suggested she may now have a phantom pregnancy and she has thought my partner has been trying to get to her "babies". 

Molly's mummy.

THE BITCH WILL STILL BE GOING THROUGH HER CYCLE

ITS A HORMONE THING AS YOUR WOMEN SAY

SHE WILL COME BACK TO HERSELF AT 10/12 WEEKS ;)

molly said:

Molly's mummy.

I wonder whether using a DAP spray might help settle her?

Info here: DAP infuser

Alternatively, you could look at the Dorwest Herbs site, they have a product which helps with hormone-related issues. I think it's Starflower?

dorwest

Good luck. And if you do find something that t helps, perhaps come back and tell us? :thumbsup:

there are some people on here who have good advice

She may not have realised it was your partner, or he may have started her if she was asleep?

Holly is terrible during her seasons - I can tell a couple of weeks before hand when she is due - she even nipped one of our puppy's litter mates :eek: and I found all sorts of strange things in her bed, a broccoli stalk, a tea towel and she even tried to nurse a rat that Vader had just killed :blink: :wacko:

However, despite a season, if she has snapped she needs to know it's not on, so if she was on the sofa she sould be asked to get down etc.

It doesnt sound as if she intended to do any harm and if it's out of character for her then dont dwell on it too much. If it was her first season she may not have understood how she felt etc.

Back