The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

In Need Of Help With Milo

janet yates

Registered
Reaction score
Hi i am a new member and would like some advice from ig owners. Milo is a 7 month old male 3/4 ig x 1/4 whippet he is a very handsome boy and very clever . I do love him to bits but am stressed out because he is so energetic and even after a long walk and run off the lead he never calms down. I would like to speak an owner that lives local to me in Greater Manchester or surrounding area that maybe i could meet to discuss problems. If anyone can help me please email me on Janet.mckay67@ntlworld.com

janet yates said:
Hi i am a new member and would like some advice from ig owners. Milo is a 7 month old male 3/4 ig x 1/4 whippet he is a very handsome boy and very clever . I do love him to bits but am stressed out because he is so energetic and even after a long walk and run off the lead he never calms down. I would like to speak an owner that lives local to me in Greater Manchester or surrounding area that maybe i could meet to discuss problems. If anyone can help me please email me on Janet.mckay67@ntlworld.com
try speaking to lillibet or posh totty on hear as i know they have iggies good luck :huggles:

what a shame i live in the greater manchester area but im not a owner of ig

Hi Janet,

I am afraid that is the IG for you! :- "

I have 2 IGs, father and daughter, who I love dearly, as well as Whippets and a Lurcher, and I know which I would rather live with! :eek: And mine are not even THAT manic...

I would suggest that you give him something to occupy his brain when you come back from a walk, whether that is training- tricks or obedience- Iggies are quick learners at both, or hiding treats for him to find, stuffing a kong for him to work on, or even just vigorous play.

IGs are very active as puppies and beyond, and need to do something to occupy their brains and bodies :thumbsup:

Liz and the Monellis

hi and welcome, im only just scratching the surface with ig ownership (w00t) mine are all nuts ( just like their owner (w00t) ) , there are many ig owners on here fair better qualified to go in depth with them , lillybet is an excellent person to speak to , she has been in the breed many years :thumbsup:

i think we would love to see a pic of your baby!!!!!!!!!!

same as alfie i too have whippets and lurchers and the ones in trouble 99% of the time are the igs!!!!!!!!!!! demanding , attention seeking , looney, trouble makers etc etc but they are worth every second of the trouble :wub:

have you got classes nearby you could take him to? mine love going places to do different things :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
posh totty said:
hi and welcome, im only just scratching the surface with ig ownership  (w00t)   mine are all nuts ( just like their owner  (w00t) ) , there are many ig owners on here fair better qualified to go in depth with them , lillybet is an excellent person to speak to , she has been in the breed many years  :thumbsup:
i think we would love to see a pic of your baby!!!!!!!!!!

same as alfie i too have whippets and lurchers and the ones in trouble 99% of the time are the igs!!!!!!!!!!! demanding , attention seeking , looney, trouble makers etc etc but they are worth every second of the trouble  :wub:

have you got classes nearby you could take him to? mine love going places to do different things  :thumbsup:

Tanya you nuts :- " can i just add janet as im not far from you would be great to meet up :thumbsup:

me nuts :- " (w00t) ermmmmmmmmmmm YEP!!!!! must be to have this lot lol :D

alfie said:
Hi Janet,I am afraid that is the IG for you! :- "

I have 2 IGs, father and daughter, who I love dearly, as well as Whippets and a Lurcher, and I know which I would rather live with! :eek:   And mine are not even THAT manic...

I would suggest that you give him something to occupy his brain when you come back from a walk, whether that is training- tricks or obedience- Iggies are quick learners at both, or hiding treats for him to find, stuffing a kong for him to work on, or even just vigorous play.

IGs are very active as puppies and beyond, and need to do something to occupy their brains and bodies :thumbsup:

Liz and the Monellis

Hi thanks for the advise he does have a kong and lots of toys he loves to do training for treats. He went to puppy class and gets on well with other dogs maybe he would be better with a companion to play with , i have thought of getting an older dog to keep him company . Thanks again Janet.

posh totty said:
me nuts  :- "  (w00t)   ermmmmmmmmmmm YEP!!!!! must be to have this lot lol  :D
Your not mad Hun we all need our heads examined !!!!

Look what we could be doing if we didn't have our dogs ?

But we would be bloody boared all the time !!

Have Pmed Janet

Lillibet

Back