The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Idea For The Donation Money

~Helen~ said:
wild whippies said:
I don't know what Mally would feel would be a fitting memorial for Tilly but I tend to think if it was me I would sooner all the funds raised stayed together and it was named after her. I just think an item isn't really going to bring comfort but the thought of her charity money helping other owners really is a priceless way of immortalising her name.
Another thing I wanted to add, the auctions, I think they should be given a seperate forum and kept going. We all end up with ill fitting dog coats / collars etc and folk could bag a bargain whilst contributing to the fund.

There could also be events held to contribute to the fund, for example a yearly anniversary dog walk, whippet fun days etc.

Obviously with this ongoing funding, the monies raised from previous donation requests and the money recently raised for Tilly, it may be worthwhile for this to be managed and accounted for by an elected team as it could become quite substantial over time.

I agree 100% with everything Jac has said here :thumbsup:

Me too :D

I agree too, and will send my donation towards the fund by cheque as I had problems trying to do it through Paypal a few days ago.

I must send my huge appreciation of, and admiration for, Debs and Dawn and everyone else involved in trying to get Tilly back and organising this fund. They deserve a medal.

I too gree with Jac.

To name the fund after Tilly is fantastic and her name will live on through it and to have s selected accounting team to look after it is also a good idea, that way every penny can be accounted for and nobody can complain the money is being abused.

~Helen~ said:
wild whippies said:
I don't know what Mally would feel would be a fitting memorial for Tilly but I tend to think if it was me I would sooner all the funds raised stayed together and it was named after her. I just think an item isn't really going to bring comfort but the thought of her charity money helping other owners really is a priceless way of immortalising her name.
Another thing I wanted to add, the auctions, I think they should be given a seperate forum and kept going. We all end up with ill fitting dog coats / collars etc and folk could bag a bargain whilst contributing to the fund.

There could also be events held to contribute to the fund, for example a yearly anniversary dog walk, whippet fun days etc.

Obviously with this ongoing funding, the monies raised from previous donation requests and the money recently raised for Tilly, it may be worthwhile for this to be managed and accounted for by an elected team as it could become quite substantial over time.

Me too :thumbsup:

I completely agree, it's a great idea to have a fund and I couldn't think of a more fitting tribute to Tilly.

Julie

im happy to go along with what ever everyone feels is right! :D

Zephyr said:
I must send my huge appreciation of, and admiration for, Debs and Dawn and everyone else involved in trying to get Tilly back and organising this fund.  They deserve a medal.

Agree with Zephyr and with the Tilly Fund. That sounds a very good idea. :thumbsup:

EJW said:
~Helen~ said:
wild whippies said:

Me too :thumbsup:

Me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tilly's Legacy

I think the fund should be managed as Jaq said and should be used as a rescue fund.

Tilly was a very special dog who in her short life touched so many peoples hearts and this fund can be a way of celebrating her life by helping other whippets who have fallen on hard times.

A separate forum for the auctions is an excellent idea that way we will all know where to look for the items. What do u think Nigel and Judy?

dawn said:
Tilly's Legacy
I think the fund should be managed as Jaq said and should be used as a rescue fund.

Tilly was a very special dog who in her short life touched so many peoples hearts and this fund can be a way of celebrating her life by helping other whippets who have fallen on hard times.

A separate forum for the auctions is an excellent idea that way we will all know where to look for the items.  What do u think Nigel and Judy?

shall we bump up the auctions that are on here ? as i know some are ending today or shall we extend the end time and move them to the auction forum if it is granted ?

wild whippies said:

I agree with this 100%. If i was in the sad situation that Mally is in (god forbid), i personally would prefer all the money to go towards helping Whippets in need and not benefit me personally.

Well done Debs and Dawn for all your hard work.

We thought it would be a nice idea to buy Paul some sort of memorial for Tilly ,what do you all think?

How about a framed photograph, as there were some great pictures on the earlier posts, and would be personal to Tilly?

I think it would be great to donate some money to Mally, as his fuel bills, etc were mounting quickly. Unfortunately no other form of support will pay those.

Sharon

Max&Smokey said:
We thought it would be a nice idea to buy Paul some sort of memorial for Tilly ,what do you all think?
How about a framed photograph, as there were some great pictures on the earlier posts, and would be personal to Tilly?

I think it would be great to donate some money to Mally, as his fuel bills, etc were mounting quickly.  Unfortunately no other form of support will pay those.

Sharon

actually the insurance companies usually cover this.when i used to deal with them they covered for loss by stealing or straying and they paid you to offer a reward and also for cost of posters,adverts and reasonable travelling expences for recovery of your dog. :thumbsup:

Back