The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

I.r.g. Race Meeting Sunday 13-11-05

not a happy bunny :rant: (rightly so) what was up with the track, never been there????

DavidH said:
not a happy bunny :rant: (rightly so) what was up with the track, never been there????
first time we have been

grass had not been cut so quite long then a car driven down the track with traps

on .this plus it is very uneven is why we didnot run our dogs

gary

isnt anyone gonna put the results on? fleesh u were there have u not got results? :blink:

I have Carole but was waiting for John as he has pictures too

All i can say to you Andrew is thanks !!!

Unfortuantely the grass hadn't been cut - due to problem with groundsman not whippet club and sorry but hadnt time to get lawn mower out this morning when we realised this was the case - we could have run accross football pitch but as there had been several matches on day before this wasnt suitable either ruts and holes from previous days matches.

If people dont want to run that is their own choice - well done to those who did and a nice morning was had by all that were there. Maybe if Manton is not goodenough (only been goin 32 years) time to close and oops thats another club gone - soon be struggling for somewhere to train and run if we're not careful all this moaning - wish we could find a bowling green to run on but sadly not one available.

sadieandco said:
All i can say to you Andrew is thanks !!!
Unfortuantely the grass hadn't been cut - due to problem with groundsman not whippet club and sorry but hadnt time to get lawn mower out this morning when we realised this was the case - we could have run accross football pitch but as there had been several matches on day before this wasnt suitable either ruts and holes from previous days matches.

If people dont want to run that is their own choice - well done to those who did and a nice morning was had by all that were there.  Maybe if Manton is not goodenough (only been goin 32 years) time to close and oops thats another club gone - soon be struggling for somewhere to train and run if we're not careful all this moaning - wish we could find a bowling green to run on but sadly not one available.

this is only my opinion i have been racing for over 20 years so i have a right to say which track i think is suitable to run my dogs without risk of injury , my dogs are pets first and they always come first. I cannot afford to pay deisel and travel all that way without giving an opinion so £40 on deISEL ALSO pays for my opinion,

we are just spoilt in the north we have the best racks in the country, AGAIN MY OPINION.

i,M GLAD TO HERE NO DOGS COME OF INJURED.

The decision to run your dog on any track is a personal one, Today Manton track was softish with a bit of give in the surface, ideal if you didn't want stoppers ripping off. The track has always been undulating and some can run it others can't, as i said its a personal choice. There is nothing at all wrong with how the club and members put themselves out to run an event and have always been very helpful to new racers at this club. It was a pity that this event, the same event and time of the year we have had for the last fours years clashed this year with a top ten open, Not many dogs at all but we did have some exciting racing, well done to the workers and the racers on the day. Thank you Manton wrc

You are quite right you have the right to your opinion but i also have the right to defend the reasoning behind lenght of grass etc cannot dispute the track aint as flat as one would like but as said previously the track has no more injuries than any other maybe even less than some due to the ground being soft throughout most of the year even in mid summer usually - just seems that people are only too happy to pull tracks down and this aint doin the sport alot of good and the people that run these clubs do get disheartened and wonder whether it is worth it or not when after the work put in you just get negative vibes and your club and track bein given a bad reputation.

Thank you John hope you aint got indigestion after your helping/s of pie :thumbsup:

He said he only had one pie ??????is this correct and just one small portion of the mushy shirt lifters ???? tell the truth Saddie /Kim/Karen and i will let Janet know !!

steve

kipper fluke said:
He said he only had one pie ??????is this correct and just one small portion of the mushy shirt lifters ???? tell the truth Saddie /Kim/Karen  and i will let Janet know !!steve

Thats correct steve or should i say the pebble dash kid, greatfully eaten and paid for steve.

:( still no results? not a big turn out so wudnt take u long to post them lol

No it wouldn't sherry. but i am off out now so will post them tomoz if no one else has.

No LIMIT NAZ'S WARRIOR

44lb FATIMA's Quest

38lb Jolly Joe

OVER ALL NAZ's Warrior from a close up Jolly Joe.

Scratch Final

1st Naz's Warrior

2nd Jolly Joe

3rd Fatima's Quest

Jolly Joe blistered the lids leaving Fatima's Quest 3 yards behind and Naz's Warrior another half. By 50 yards Naz was on the comeback and eventually took the race by 2 yards. All three looked highly impressive on their class solo's.

D Final saw a solo for Crackdown who enjoyed his run none the less.

C Final was taken by My Cinderella (22) running off the front from Gill's Best Mates eating up the yardage from the 32lb limit and Short Gift taking 3rd spot.

B Final was a win for Stoppit Moppit (19) by a whisker from Geoff Taylors 8 year old White Cloud (23lb-4yds for years so 19lb) and 3rd off the back Zenith. Very impressive White Cloud who lost his heat to Viv's Quest by a short head showing he's still got it !!!

A Final was a clear win for little Scroddy (Viv's Merlin-19) who seems to enjoy Manton track & always gives a sparkling performance. 2nd was Short Spot (21lb-1yd for years so 20lb) in the hands of the Wilson Girls ;) and 3rd place Viv's Quest (21lb-2yards for years so 19lb)

Pups up to 22lb saw a win by a whisker for Rag's to Riches (19) from little Connor's Dream (18) on her first race. Both were very impressive racing head to head all the way down the track.

Under and over 28lb solo's were for Connor's Legacy (23) and Panto Prince (31)

Supreme Puppy was Connor's Legacy who despite falling out the traps strode out well.

Consolation Puppy was Connor's Dream.

Trials today came in the form of Connor's Wish in a passing trial with Gill's veteran Abbey National and a Viv's Quest x Show Three pup having a full distance slip (formerly owned by Gary and Denise Bailey and now being trained for racing by a father and son team from Grantham getting back to racing after a 15 year absence).

Last edited by a moderator:
sherry said:
:( still no results? not a big turn out so wudnt take u long to post them lol
I bet John went home to a roast dinner after his pie :- " so we might have to wait awhile for the results. Sorry we were not there Karen we have noting to run at the moment :( but Ken said can you pop a pie and gravy in the post to him please :b :thumbsup

Fleesh said:
Scratch Final
1st Naz's Warrior

2nd Jolly Joe

3rd Fatima's Quest

Jolly Joe blistered the lids leaving Fatima's Quest 3 yards behind and Naz's Warrior another half. By 50 yards Naz was on the comeback and eventually took the race by 2 yards. All three looked highly impressive on their class solo's.

D Final saw a solo for Crackdown who enjoyed his run none the less.

C Final was taken by My Cinderella (22) running off the front from Gill's Best Mates eating up the yardage from the 32lb limit and Short Gift taking 3rd spot.

B Final was a win for Stoppit Moppit (19) by a whisker from Geoff Taylors 8 year old White Cloud (23lb-4yds for years so 19lb) and 3rd off the back Zenith. Very impressive White Cloud who lost his heat to Viv's Quest by a short head showing he's still got it !!!

A Final was a clear win for little Scroddy (Viv's Merlin-19) who seems to enjoy Manton track & always gives a sparkling performance. 2nd was Short Spot (21lb-1yd for years so 20lb) in the hands of the Wilson Girls  ;) and 3rd place Viv's Quest (21lb-2yards for years so 19lb)

Pups up to 22lb saw a win by a whisker for Rag's to Riches (19) from little Connor's Dream (18) on her first race. Both were very impressive racing head to head all the way down the track.

Under and over 28lb solo's were for Connor's Legacy (23) and Panto Prince (31)

Supreme Puppy was Connor's Legacy who despite falling out the traps strode out well.

Consolation Puppy was Connor's Dream.

Trials today came in the form of Connor's Wish in a passing trial with Gill's veteran Abbey National and a Viv's Quest x Show Three pup having a full distance slip (formerly owned by Gary and Denise Bailey and now being trained for racing by a father and son team from Grantham getting back to racing after a 15 year absence).

cheers fleesh :cheers: sounds like u had a good day puppy supreme and pup cons? well done! ;)

fleesh_supreme_pup.jpg

FLEESH AND SISTER WITH CONNORS LEGACY

PUPPY WINNER

JESSICA_web.jpg

Fleesh and sister with Connors Dream.

MUMS PUPPY i was well impressed with this by the way it ran its first public race

Back