The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

"i Don't Want My Pet Because...."

:rant: :rant: what the hell is WRONG with these people??? for a few pounds a month, a little attention, you have a loyal, devoted friend. one willing to die for you. if people were as open and loving as animals... my dogs arent pets, they are family members who happen to walk on all four. sod the new carpet! i'll keep my worn out laminate floor, thankyou!

if people can be so cold towards animals, one wonders at the emotional sterility their children must surely be raised in.

:angry: Absolutely amazing. The utter stupidity of people like this drives you to despair.

The other item about that poor cat made me sick to my stomach, what kind of a hateful, subnormal bitch does something like that to a living creature? The poor, poor little mite. The depressing thing is that this kind of hideous treatment of animals will never go away because there'll always be psychotic sickos that get a kick out of it....IMO they deserve nothing less than the same treatment in return :rant:

i was listening to the news last night,they were saying that the rspca is being swamped with people getting rid of their older pets(in readiness of getting a new pup for xmas) (w00t) . the trend is to get rid of older pets and go out and get a new puppy.cos they are more fun.its beyond me how someone can have a pet for years then just get rid cos a pup is preferred as its more playful.the next big dumping time is after xmas when all the new pups (unwanted xmas gifts) start to find their way into rspca and other rescue centres.imho its too easy to get a pet and theres far too many folk breeding them who dont have the welfare of the animal as their first priority :angry:

Dear Lord...this is unbelievable. How can people be so cruel and thoughtless? :rant: :rant: :rant:

Totally off topic I'm afraid but KRIS I love your latest avatar of the skating penguin!! Thanks for the smile. :thumbsup:

I haven't read the thing about the unwanted pets yet - I tend to avoid stories like this even though I know my not reading them won't change things, I don't need added upset at the moment and I know this would be heart-rending.

pollyanna said:
Totally off topic I'm afraid but KRIS  I love your latest avatar of the skating penguin!!  Thanks for the smile. :thumbsup: I

Have to agree - its brilliant Kris.

but the Topic on the thread :rant: :rant: :(

Totally unbelievable that there are such brainless individuals out there who treat their pets in such a manner - it is no wonder that there are so many animals waiting to be rehomed. If I worked at a santuary and someone came in with such an excuse I don't think I would be able to hold my tongue - stupid, pathetic *$@~@*$ :rant: :rant:

If you read the thread i started on "so Angry" i and the vets feel this is a typical throw out at christmas, kitty was close to death from extreme hypothermia and has no other known illnesses, she seems to have simply been thrown out near a bypass! Not sure of her age or history but she has leap into my heart and im not a cat person although i have 1, it makes you sick that people can do this! They dont deserve the love of an animal! :rant:

Janimal said:
pollyanna said:
Totally off topic I'm afraid but KRIS  I love your latest avatar of the skating penguin!!  Thanks for the smile. :thumbsup: I

Have to agree - its brilliant Kris.

but the Topic on the thread :rant: :rant: :(

thanks fans! :D and before anyone asks no,its not Toga the stolen penguin! :- "

lalena said:
:rant:   :rant: what the hell is WRONG with these people??? for a few pounds a month, a little attention, you have a loyal, devoted friend. one willing to die for you. if people were as open and loving as animals... my dogs arent pets, they are family members who happen to walk on all four. sod the new carpet! i'll keep my worn out laminate floor, thankyou!if people can be so cold towards animals, one wonders at the emotional sterility their children must surely be raised in.

Unbelievable

these people must have been born with part of their brains missing, the part of brain that is responsible for emotion ... these people don't seem to have any.

I work for Manchester RSPCA and have to deal with "people" like this every day, and then I wonder why I have a permanent headache. Somedays I literally have to bite my tongue so as not to say exactly what I'm really thinking. :rant: These excuses are typical of the ones that people come up with. They phone up & say "I've got a dog/cat/rabbit that I've got to "GET RID OF", like it's a bag of rubbish. This gets my back up straight away. We take as many as we have room for but it always worries me what happens to the ones we can't take. :( That's why I've got a housefull :))

HEARD A GOOD ONE THE OTHER DAY...LADY LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME AND SAID..."I CANT KEEP HIM ..(him being 5yr brindle grhnd..real gent)...HE KNOCKS MY TABLETS OFF THE TABLE WHEN HE WAGS HIS TAIL...!!!!...I NEARLY BIT MY OWN TOUNGE OFF TRYING NOT TO TELL HER WHAT TO DO WITH HER TABLETS....IM TRYING TO LEARN THAT THEY ARE NOT WORTHY...!!!

trap1alialiali said:
HEARD A GOOD ONE THE OTHER DAY...LADY LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME AND SAID..."I CANT KEEP HIM ..(him being 5yr brindle grhnd..real gent)...HE KNOCKS MY TABLETS OFF THE TABLE WHEN HE WAGS HIS TAIL...!!!!...I NEARLY BIT MY OWN TOUNGE OFF TRYING NOT TO TELL HER WHAT TO DO WITH HER TABLETS....IM TRYING TO LEARN THAT THEY ARE NOT WORTHY...!!!
they might not be worthy, but someone keeps supplying the idiot brigade :rant:

Think the best I ever heard is my wife is Muslim and thinks the dog is dirty!! That was from my OWN Father! His wife was Muslim before he went out and brought the dog. My poor step mother was petrified (she had only recently moved to the UK from Ghana) had never been round dogs and was worried sick her new baby would catch a disease. I tried everything to help her adapt and in the end I homed the beautiful Timo for them.

My Father always had dogs and always treated them like crap hence the reason I do what I do. :rant: Living with a man like that my dogs were my world and im thankful everyday that I grew up wanting to make things better for dogs like ours rather than with my Fathers attitude. ;)

I can never understand why people want to get rid of old dogs. I love old dogs. Their fur tends to go all soft, their temperments mellow and they are so undemanding. They're not trouble at all. I know they might become a bit more work if they need medication or become incontinent but most of these people that get rid of them because they're old seem to get rid of them before they even get to that stage. Its very sad.

My beloved dogs simply can't live long enough, they are only young, but I am terrified of them not being here anymore, the thought of ever giving them away is just :( :( :(

People who give their animals away :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

i HATE seeing old dogs in rescue centres or dogs homes. :( it upsets me far more than seeing pups.i think of how confused they must be and wondering where are their beloved owners and why have they left them there.we live in a very cruel and harsh world.if i had the time,money and the room id take all the oldies in and give them a forever home for the rest of their days, poor loves. :'(

kris said:
[thanks fans! :D and before anyone asks no,its not Toga the stolen penguin! :- "

and do you know they still havnt found that poor little penquin :( :( how could anyone do that either beats me. :( :( those poor parents mate for life .... :angry:

Back