The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

I Can't Believe It

deeva1

Registered
Reaction score
I start this toipic in somewhat of an unstable position, as I cannot believewhat I've heard and seen with my own eyes, today. Walter, who runs Black Bambi at Old Hall had the misfortune to have one of his othe rdogs run into a post. the dog was clearly injured around the neck area and he sought vetinary attention. As it was 7 o'clock at night, he expected to pay emergency rates, but what they charged him was way beyond that. They charged him £90.00 emergency consultation and the final bill was over £500.00. I have seen the dog, and it has no more than 6 stitches in it's neck. To charge that amount for a simple job is nothing short ofg "usery"! I personally am Disgusted! The practise concerned is [DELETED BY ADMIN] Avoid if poissible! Walter is a man of honour and he paid his bill, but , they tookj the p**s!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is shocking to hear a vet has charged that price hope the dog makes a good recovery :thumbsup:

That is shocking to hear a vet has charged that price hope the dog makes a good recovery :thumbsup:

I've seen her today and take from me she is perfectly happy, with no ill effects! But, a lot of that is down to the fact that she loves her 'Dad' (Walter) and he has seen that she is ok! But I am so angry that a Vet, who, one presumes to love animals, could act in such a way as to bring the entire vetinary world into disrepute! There is no justification for a bill of that nature. As I said, when he showed me the bill, I paid less than that for a Cesarian at 10 o'clock at night! There's just no sense to it! LOL

That's shocking when hagler fell ill on the way home from Scotland we had to call at paul evans in Oldham , we got ther at midnight & was there about 2 hrs marvin was put on a drip had numourous injections and test plus paul saw him 2 more times , and the total cost was £250 .. Some vets take the **** & some do it because they care I'd avoid that surgery in Nuneaton at all cost , is even ask the odbundsmen to check that out

A bloody rip off :rant: pleased the dog is on the mend.

There was a documentary on tv recently about vets and a particular sort of cooperative practice that operated all over the country not only did they charge a huge amount they handled the animals in a very bad way. Sorry cant remember the practice name but im sure someone else may have seen it. Maybe this vet was one of this organisation.

Glad the dog is ok though.

There was a documentary on tv recently about vets and a particular sort of cooperative practice that operated all over the country not only did they charge a huge amount they handled the animals in a very bad way. Sorry cant remember the practice name but im sure someone else may have seen it. Maybe this vet was one of this organisation.Glad the dog is ok though.
i saw this prog and had to turn it over it was shocking as was the poor fellas vet bill!

i would have that looked into,we had a c section on our abbey,and paid for a few injections,and a nurse on a Sunday night and that bill was £600.so mine was cheap looking at this amount,its shocking

hope the dogs well.again get the bill checked out :thumbsup:

put this rip of vet phone num on here and we can ALL phone them £500 my ass

I did take a vet to court over a horse bill about 25 years ago, charged me 5.00 for a roll of cotton wool and thats what i remember the bill back then came to over a 1000. I got an itemised bill it was an absolute muddle. When i got to court he settled before we went in so its worth following up.

When I saw the bill (of several pages) the letter heading read [ DELETED BY ADMIN] Is there more than one branch there?

I'll have a google and see.

licenced to rob :rant: they prey on peoples love for there pets :rant:

instance== cow needs section to have calf,vet attend to on farm.£125. whippet anywhere from £400/600.think something is wrong.

When I saw the bill (of several pages) the letter heading read [ DELETED BY ADMIN]. Is there more than one branch there?
I'll have a google and see.
It's the only one I can find.

It's the only one I can find.

hi ive just phoned them and told them how good there bills are lol and that they are all over the k9 and internet please all get a phone them aswell

Leia and Skippy's vets bill's down here after their last injury, £80.19. £80.98. £95.36. £95.56. £95.36. £81.35. and another 11 receipts of the same prices, just for bandages and pain killers, just to be told my dogs will never race again. :angry: I eventually got my vets bills down to £8.00 for dressing if i provided the materials, :- so it just goes to show they can do it cheaper if they want to. :( £44 spent in the chemist buys you a bloody lot of vet wrap and bandages, so don't get ripped off, try and source you own materials folks. :thumbsup:

Back