The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

How Unfair Is This???

kitty said:
Would  she have kicked out at a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler or a Pit Bull because she  so has a problem with dogs, I wonder?
Yes, she's off her trolley, and she's also a bully.

kitty, that is a really good point - bet she would have kept her feet to herself then!!

the world is going mad! (w00t) im not too sure about this but if the police cant prosecute for assaulting your dog (cruelty)then id try to go for criminal damage.that covers a multitude of sins.id go to a good brief and get legal advice.first half hour is usually free to see if youve got a case.id get photos etc as our jac has already said and get your dog to a vet and tell him whats happened and get him to make out a nice big veterinary bill,covering injuries,trauma etc etc.(emphasis being put on the fact that this is an extremely valuable and rare show dog)usually when someones thinking of suing you if you can come back with an even bigger case and better claims theyll drop it out of fear of what its going to cost them.the womans obviously got mental health problems but that doesnt mean she can go around assaulting pets and attacking people.hope your little one is allright nina and that you and your hubs are ok too.it must have been traumatic. :(

I would be amazed if the CPS run an assault case against your husband. I know it's hard, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope your IG is feeling better

Zeb got hit today. We just got into the park, i saw a black lab pup with his owner. But didnt take much notice did what i always do which was to let zeb off the lead.

Zeb thinking he could go and say hi like normal. ran up to the dog, that was all, didnt bark at that point or even bit this pup. the owner hit him in his side poor zen went sideways :( . I shout out please dont hit my dog. when Zeb does a play bark at the pup, iv tryed to call him but his trying to say hi. Im walking over to get him and tis bloke, hows 6 foot tall and 6 foot wide then hits Zeb again this time zeb is hit hard and the bloke (there is no way i can call him a gentleman) calls over to me that my dog is dangerous and has savaged his dog. :blink: I shot back that he was trying to play and that was not aggration, he called me a stupid bitch, and to **** off. :(

One of my friends came in at that moment and backed me up. His viszler was having a ruffle and tumble with zeb, this bloke shouts out thats what the savage dog was doing to my puppy.

If he can hit zeb then what can he do with his own dog :(

cant belive he called me a bitch but he was hitting Zeb.

davethehorse said:
From what you have said Nina I very much doubt the CPS would charge your OH. If they do my advice would be to enquire after a good lawyer, get them to get your OH legal aid and perhaps write to your MP and Chief Constable about it (kick up a stink) - inform the local papers too.

Hopefully he wont be charged though - good luck and hope your dogs feeling OK this morning.

Thanks so much.

I dont think its really sunk in yet. He has never had any dealings with the police so is now totally freaked out by it all & thinks he is going to prison :(

I cant get my head round that there is no way you could get away with doing that to a human being kicking them in the head BUT cos its a dog you can NOT get the person arrested for assault.

Its a living creature that feels pain the same as we do???? :(

Thanks everyone for all your support & messages.

Worst thing in a way is today when i got up the swelling around the IG's eye has gone right down & she is now walking fine so no point in taking her to vet to try & prove criminal damage as there does not look to be a mark on her.

The police are going to phone tomorrow & hoped that there would be some kind of lasting swelling or cuts etc so we could counter claim for criminal damage but there isnt.

If she were kicked in the head as i beleive she was, little short of performing some kind of brain scan we have no idea if anything is going on inside but no apparent marks outside.

OH is like the man possessed trying to build a case for himself (i actually think he has gone into shock :( )

Will speak to police tomorrow & keep you you all updated :thumbsup:

trish and graham said:
omg thank god she is ok,what can you say but the world is full of arseholes,sorry you had a run in with one.

sorry for been harsh im feeling crap too,my whippets mum as gone missing and feeling so upset

Any news :luck:

Just because swelling isn't visible doesn't mean the vet can't feel it. Racing dogs are regularly found with injuries that aren't visible. I'd still recommend you go.

Any news on your missing Whippet Trish?

I hope she is found sson or makes her own way back unscathed,good luck in the search. :luck: :luck: :huggles:

wild whippies said:
Just because swelling isn't visible doesn't mean the vet can't feel it. Racing dogs are regularly found with injuries that aren't visible. I'd still recommend you go.
Totally agree with this,it is exactly the same with horses.So go and see the vet anyway Nik :thumbsup: ,hope Sacha is'nt mentally scarred by her run in with this mad woman!!! :(

Sorry to hear this Nikki . Woman Sounds like a right prick :angry:

Claire said:

Thanks Claire :thumbsup:

Do you know the more i think about this, the more something isnt right here :eek:

I was talking to a friend at work today who's brother runs a Gym & a lot of these people that work out apparently take stuff (not all of course!!)

But he was explaining to me the side affects, the irratability, temper flares, depression??

And i am thinking to kick a dog for no reason other than it sniffing you?

To freak out totally cos someone asks for your details??

To work out solidly from approx 12.30 thru till gone 4pm??

Dunno, probably i am barking up the wrong tree but none of this screams RATIONAL PERSON to me & funny enough the police womans first question was " do you think this person may have been under the influence of drugs"??.

TBH I think the only way you'd find this out was if she got prosecuted in court cos I guarantee it'll be her way of plea bargaining if she is.

nina said:
Do you know the more i think about this, the more something isnt right here  :eek:
I was talking to a friend at work today who's brother runs a Gym & a lot of these people that work out apparently take stuff (not all of course!!)

But he was explaining to me the side affects, the irratability, temper flares, depression??

Dunno, probably i am barking up the wrong tree but none of this screams RATIONAL PERSON to me & funny enough the police womans first question was " do you think this person may have been under the influence of drugs"??.

I do not think you OH has anything to worry about. If the whole incident is on the tape, she cannot claim something that did not happen. On the other hand kicking with heavy boot a tiny fragile dog that was on a leash was a completely unprovoked attack. The problem is the sort of drugs mad bodybuilders take are not necesarily illegal, it is not a criminal matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
nina said:
Claire said:

Thanks Claire :thumbsup:

Do you know the more i think about this, the more something isnt right here :eek:

And i am thinking to kick a dog for no reason other than it sniffing you?

To freak out totally cos someone asks for your details??

To work out solidly from approx 12.30 thru till gone 4pm??

bit ott to start blaming steroid misuse maybe the lady just does not like dogs maybe has a phobia? might be worth keeping the dogs on a short lead in that area

sharron said:
Zeb got hit today.  We just got into the park, i saw a black lab pup with his owner.  But didnt take much notice did what i always do which was to let zeb off the lead.
Zeb thinking he could go and say hi like normal. ran up to the dog, that was all, didnt bark at that point or even bit this pup. the owner hit him in his side poor zen went sideways :( .  I shout out please dont hit my dog.  when Zeb does a play bark at the pup, iv tryed to call him but his trying to say hi.  Im walking over to get him and tis bloke, hows 6 foot tall and 6 foot wide then hits Zeb again this time zeb is hit hard and the bloke (there is no way i can call him a gentleman) calls over to me that my dog is dangerous and has savaged his dog. :blink: I shot back that he was trying to play and that was not aggration, he called me a stupid bitch,  and to **** off. :(

One of my friends came in at that moment and backed me up.  His viszler was having a ruffle and tumble with zeb, this bloke shouts out thats what the savage dog was doing to my puppy.

If he can hit zeb then what can he do with his own dog :(

cant belive he called me a bitch but he was hitting Zeb.

hope zeb is ok, this thug sounds like a big bully picking on something smaller than him, :rant: :rant:

I agree with getting the vet to give your iggy the once over :thumbsup: At least then you've got the incident on record, just in case.

There are some very horrible people about. I had a man kick Josie on two seperate occasions for absolutely no reason other than being within kicking distance. The community police officer was brilliant, said this particular person was a bit of a loose cannon in the community, and had a word. Luckily we've now moved away so don't ever come into contact with him any more, but he certainly had something against whippets because he shouted at another friend of mine who has a whippet too :angry:

How awful hope it all turns in your favour. :huggles:

There really are some strange people out there. :(

nina i very much doubt your hubby will be prosecuted as i believe that if someone commits a criminal offence and you try to stop them leaving the scene of the crime or at least try to get them to stay, charges of assault cant be made cos the person trying to detain them is performing a citizens arrest and therefore isnt committing an offence,especially if they USE REASONABLE FORCE.as your hubby didnt even do this he hasnt committed any offence so i cant see what on earth he could be charged with. :blink:

steroid abuse is very common and its known to increase aggression and paranoia,who knows you could have hit the nail on the head here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back