The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Hi from a newbie

Mark Huddleston

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. We have our very first dog called Toby. He’s a 9 week old Shih-Poo. He lives with myself my wife and two teenage daughters in Northumberland. We have never owned a dog before and are complete newbies. This is not a decision we’ve made lightly and we’ve been thinking about it for the past year or so. I’ve got a feeling I’ll be asking a lot of questions to pick the brains of experienced dog owners.

Welcome, I'm sure you will only regret not owning a dog sooner. Everyone here is very friendly and will help where they can. Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question

We have probably heard them all but if not, we love a challenge - hit us with anything! We collectively have loads to share and are always happy to do it.

Hi there.

Someone here was asking about a smaller dog the other day I mentioned a dog known here as a boomer.. Thats what we call a dog like Toby here.. Maybe you could share info and help someone else find the perfect pup.

I'm sure you won't regret adding Toby to your life- sounds like you thought about it long and hard before you made your decision and really wish everyone was so responsible. ;)

Hi there.

Someone here was asking about a smaller dog the other day I mentioned a dog known here as a boomer.. Thats what we call a dog like Toby here.. Maybe you could share info and help someone else find the perfect pup.
As in baby boomer?

As in baby boomer?
Lol.. no, the shih tzu / maltese/ bichon type mix have been popular as a small family dog here for a long time and are known generally as intelligent, happy, loving little dogs. Im not sure where the name comes from but boomers are well known here.

Back