The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Herts & Essex Show?

LasVegasNo1

Waiting for Telstra
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone going to the Herts & Essex Border Canine Society show tomorrow?

Sorry, not me! :p

Hope you have a great time though!

Looks like we're the only peeps from K9 going! :p

We're actually going to meet up with Alfie's breeder as she's been wanting to see him for awhile. And we'll get to see a couple of his littermates that she kept herself :huggles: Depending on how strict the show is we'll be taking it in turns to go in while one of us stays with Alfie outside - hehe :wacko:

It'll be our first experiance at a show so it should be fun :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you have a good time - let us know what it's like! I've only been to one show in my life and that was 18 years ago!! Is Alfie not entered then??

No :b unfortuanetely he's not, we really have no idea about showing ourselves :blink:

If I manage to remember my camera and actually take some decent pic's (unlikely ;) ) I'll post them on here. Hell if I manage to take some undecent pic's I'll post them anyway! (w00t)

I would have gone as it's not that far from me but leaving for Cornwall early on Saturday. Where exactly is the show?

The exact location of it is:

Towerlands Equestrian Centre, Panfield Road, Braintree, Essex :D

We go to Cornwall every year so I know how long that journey is :sweating:

LasVegasNo1 said:
We go to Cornwall every year so I know how long that journey is :sweating:
Exactly and we're going down to the Lizard this time so 6.5 hrs with two dogs in the car. Still beats work. Enjoy the show.

(w00t) Well my first show and what an experience! (w00t)

Poor Alfie was so scared to begin with and wouldn't move :b I had to literally drag the poor thing though the crowd of dogs! He was nervy at first but lightened up a bit after a while 8)

He met his bruv and sis from his litter but wasn't impressed, lol, we were though. His sister won Best Puppy in Breed and Best in Breed :thumbsup:

Here's Alfie hiding under the trophy table :b

View attachment 2323

Glad you were allowed to take him in! Congratulations to Alfie's sister! So is it Alfie's turn next??? :D

Unfortuanately the show appeared to be organised chaos (the best chaos if you ask me (w00t) ). But quite a lot of people were moaning about it... and several were slipping over as outside was seriously muddy!! :eek: I don't know what other shows are like but there was no one at the gate so we could walk straight in with Alfie :thumbsup:

As for Alfie's turn in the ring...... :- "

You`d get away with taking an un entered dog to an Open show ,but don`t try it at a mixed breed Championship show , :eek: ,

To start with you have to have a pass ,and although you might not have to show your pass on the way in you should/ probably will on the way out :D

glad you enjoyed your day / what did the breeder think of you Alfie ?

I did really enjoy the show, and would like to go to another but maybe in the summer when it's warmer and less muddy! :eek:

Alfie's breeder was really pleased with him and thought his colour had turned really rich. She reckoned he needed a little more weight on him as his brother was quite solid, which made Alfie look a bit scrawny :b But Alfie does a lot of running compared to his brother so we reckoned this could be why he doesn't keep as much weight on him.

The funniest bit was probably when Alfie tried knicking a bit of tripe off his sister and she told him off..... our little baby was scared!! :oops:

Towerlands always appears crowded and full of mud. We went once but havent been back. Have you thought about going to a companion dog show for Alfies first trip into the ring. Now they really are enjoyable. There doesnt seem to be so many about these days but they are still advertised in the back of Dog World. Come to think about it at Easter time there used to be about half a page of adverts, there are about 4 this week. Jan

I hate Towerlands specially in the winter and its a shame you had to go there for your first expierence. Its nice when its really hot and dry.

Yeah, but it was an experience all the same (w00t) Apparently there's a show at Wood Green Shelter tomorrow so we might pop up to that one; should be less muddy and it's a bigger place so less crowded :thumbsup:

Back