The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Help

dtmc1979

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys am new on ere!!! i have a collie whippet x greyhound which has picked up an injury to her back leg..i have had her to the vet and 70quid later was told to rest her up for a few weeks!!! 6week later she still isnt riyte..so the question is..does anyone know of a good running dog vet in the north west!!! any help will be much appreciated!!! thanx dave!!!! :(

:( i cant help with a vet, but i hope your girl soon is back to full health :thumbsup:

and welcome to K9....im sure somebody from your area will soon be along to help :thumbsup:

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about your dogs injury. I cant help you Im afraid but Im sure there will be lots of people on here who can help, :luck:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

thanx guys..the guy i used to use no longer practises so hope someone can help!!!

Hiya, welcome to K9. There's plenty of people from up your way on K9, and someone will recommend a vet soon I'm sure. If you don't get a reply soon, send a PM to Vicky, she will know of a vet up there - good luck :luck:

Kev Reeves is on holiday at moment (retired ''officially'')

Paul Evans 07831 171262 Not had experience with him myself but I've heard his skills in surgery are excellent, differing opinions on his skills for finding injuries but many an experienced grey person will say you can miss something.

There's a greyhound vet at Westhoughton by the name of Johan, he's getting good comments of late. He can be contacted on 07962530227 but he may be busy as he works for both Wessy and Highgate Greyhound Stadiums.

Another chap I've added to my moby is a Robert Colinson who has additional qualifications in surgical orthopaedics. He's done a fine job on one of our local dogs following a fracture but again I would be unsure on his skills with regards to diagnosis as I haven't had first hand experience of him. 0161 799 5557 Walkden.

I'll ask Vicky if there's any others she can think of around Manchester.

thanx alot..westhoughton is just up the road from me so will give johan a call!!! once again thanx!!! :cheers:

dtmc1979 said:
thanx alot..westhoughton is just up the road from me so will give johan a call!!! once again thanx!!! :cheers:
paul evans in oldham ive used him a couple of times wouldnt go to any one else he is a top man and really knows his stuff highly recomend him.

here is a pic(i hope) of the lame lilly!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back