The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Help

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score
i duno what this is but my other half said they wernt ther yesterday and they wernt walked yesterday either ,they havent eaten anything different ,anybody know what they maybe and the cause ,i have been bathing them in salt water every 2hours :(hes fine in himself and boming around fighting with tia as i write this :blink:

DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

DSCF0414.jpg

hes also got one on top of his heads like a little bump under the skin like when they get stung by stingy nettles :wacko:

awww poor blue hope hes better soon nicky :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

no but hes shaking his head like they are now and again and ollie wont stop licking them :blink:

Allergic reaction? Sorry can't really help but had he been running through something? :D

iv also been throu them to check for fleese and i cant find any unless the little buggers are hidding :blink: they didnt go out yesterday as i was at a show ,but they do always run throu the under grow in the forest and fields ,just a stab in the dark but blue got very stressed when we got back this morning and has been most of the day trying to mount tia ,im putting that down to her not being ther yesterday :wacko: do you think stress could cause this ???

also is ther anything i could put on it to help it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Nicky, no idea at all ... but it does look like some type of reaction to something. Hope it goes away very soon. You could try half a Piriton??

Poor Blue's having a bit of a time of it at the mo, isn't he :(

Hope he gets better soon :luck: :thumbsup:

Try dabbing some lavender oil on Nicky, neat if you have it..it will stop the licking (dosnt taste that nice) but will stop the itching and help to heal.

it does look like an allergic reaction to me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have some benadryl tablets here would half of one of those be ok to give him do you think ????

Anything in your garden like nettles or anything?

Hope they heal quickly.

jade and the houndz xx

ok thanks for that ,they look red not orange but will go buy magnifiing glass tomoz to check :thumbsup:

I think its best Nicky to pop Blue to the vets :thumbsup: poor Blue :- "

nicky12 said:
i have some benadryl tablets here would half of one of those be ok to give him do you think ????
Not sure if benadryl is the same, but if the info says OK for young children then you are pretty safe provided you don't give more than half a tablet.

Blue's ears look really sore so expect the vet will be your best option :luck: :huggles:

Poor BLue :huggles: :huggles: Hope you get it sorted,whatever it is :thumbsup:

jinnyfizz said:
nicky12 said:
Not sure if benadryl is the same, but if the info says OK for young children then you are pretty safe provided you don't give more than half a tablet.

Blue's ears look really sore so expect the vet will be your best option :luck: :huggles:

i think they look a bit sore in those pics as i had just bathed them in salt water ,they seem to be drying out and no more fresh ones have appeared :sweating: and i can ashure you if it looks any worst tomoz he will be off to the vets as i never take chances with my babies :D iv also not cut my grass in a few weeks so it may be from stingy nettles or sumthing out ther so thats first on my agenda tomoz cut grass very short and off to get a magnifieing glass. :thumbsup:

Back