The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Help Ive Found My Dogs But Cant Get Them Back!

jen.d

Registered
Reaction score
since my last topic of my stolen lurchers and pregnant jack russell ive spent £1000 looking for them to see if we could find the address of the number plate we had then we thought our look had changed a girl 25mile away rings me through doglost and tells me her dog has been taken by the same van same plate and description of men in front of her very eyes. we thought this would bring closure and they be arrested and bring our dogs back.

But no she rang the police they never bothered to turn out our police have had a bad attitude as well, then someone goes and tells her who the van belongs to and were they live the big one Irsh Travellers since we have told the police they have said they wont go on to there site and were on our own as they are a force to recon with how bad is this to our way of thinking this is condoning theft. Any suggestions on were we go from here, we dont wont to give up on our dogs.

please help any suggestions

That is so shocking, do not have any ideas but do hope you get them back, please let us know how you get on, Kind Regards Emma

That is totally shocking and i really do wish u lots of luck in getting some justic with these D**K Heads and get your dogs back

The only thing i can think to say is go to your local paper with this not so someone else will go and get them for u but just so the police are shamed into doing something about this. I think that this is shocking that they wont help. OR you could try calling your local RSPCA to see if they have any advice for you.

Sorry its not much help.

Good luck and keep me updated with this. x

ive been naming and shaming the lad who took my 2!!! internet forums all over have his name and the fact he breeds plummers so ive also informed the plummer terrier sites too , this made the police in turn contact me about many members ringing at silly times lol , fight them with whatever you can!!!

I agree, its a shame no one knew of any policemen on here who they could badger into giving some info on how u can get the local police to do something, It really annoys me to think they wont do anything if it was someones Child or Someones property they would be in there like a shot and just because its a Dog they think its not worth the hassle as its only a dog to them but they are like out Children and they need to realise this.

Can you not also ring your local police station everyday till they get sick of u and do something about it??

go and also see the chief constable , explain what his officers have told you , then explain that you are very unhappy with their decision and you would be taking it higher again as his officers have refused to assist you as they are too afraid, always be polite , dont lose your temper , but clearly expalin that you WILL NOT accept this and you will also go to the press as the officers are condoning mob handed violence with no recause on it

go and also see the chief constable , explain what his officers have told you , then explain that you are very unhappy with their decision and you would be taking it higher again as his officers have refused to assist you as they are too afraid, always be polite , dont lose your temper , but clearly expalin that you WILL NOT accept this and you will also go to the press as the officers are condoning mob handed violence with no recause on it
The problem is the police just do not care about dogs and their owners. You may need proof they are yours. Are they chipped, do you have photographs etc?

Get in touch with your local dog warden, they are usually better than the police although they dont have a great deal of power unlike the police. good luck

Contact your local MP immediately. He/she is obliged to help you.

Hiya,

i would do as others have suggested, go the local dog warden, rspca local mp and go to the police station and ask to see the top man and tell him if that he doesn't help you you are going to the local papers and tell them that you have found your dogs but the police are unwilling to help you, but you must do this a quick as possible as travellers move dogs to other sites, just to take the heat off

i hope you get your dogs back if you can go to the c.a.b and see if they have any advice

The problem is the police just do not care about dogs and their owners. You may need proof they are yours. Are they chipped, do you have photographs etc?

Get in touch with your local dog warden, they are usually better than the police although they dont have a great deal of power unlike the police. good luck
mine are chipped and the whippet is also kc reg to me , im loosing faith as well as the above lady , i went to some travellers yesterday , and they were helpful , taken my number and spread the word , they are also getting sick of being tarred with same brush and on the whole some reall good people , if they find either sets of these dogs , the police wont need to help us but the thieves might need some treatment lol

hi went down there yesterday but after all this my dogs wernt there but think they know more then there letting on and they now recon there gonna do all they can to help get our dogs back.

hi went down there yesterday but after all this my dogs wernt there but think they know more then there letting on and they now recon there gonna do all they can to help get our dogs back.

Scrape together as much money as you possibly can, go back to the site & offer a large reward for your dogs.

Parasites like these have no regard for anything other than money.

Good luck

I think Nikki might be right. Stick up a reward notice right outside the travellers site. Its worked before. Its very sad that the police won't take any notice of such things. Now if you were Bruce Forsyth, or anyone famous for that matter you'd be able to get yourself on GMTV. Its really not good enough that you can tell the police where your dog is but they still won't help. :rant: They can't be that scared to go on the travellers site surely. What if it was a murder enquiry?

have you contacted the chief yet? it has worked with mine , no dogs are still not back but net is closing , keep strong mate , they need us when they return xx

crosspost to non doggy sites too , such as cheapcycle and freecycles, there is a facilty on there where all members recieve emails so a wider group again is gained , ive asked each person to print just 1 poster off and place in their car or local shops , anything is worth a try

hi thanks for everyones help its appriciated spoke to our chief inspector his responce was the dogs are probably dead so put it down to experience and get on with life, they were also stolen by accident and plasma screen tv's are more important what rubbish, so we have been informed to go to our super intendant by other police members so something has to be done about him and the crime, and local paper to let people know what we pay our taxes for.

hi thanks for everyones help its appriciated spoke to our chief inspector his responce was the dogs are probably dead so put it down to experience and get on with life, they were also stolen by accident and plasma screen tv's are more important what rubbish, so we have been informed to go to our super intendant by other police members so something has to be done about him and the crime, and local paper to let people know what we pay our taxes for.
good for you they are members of your family you shouldnt be made to feel you are wasting police tiome i do hope whatever the outcome your dogs are home soon

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! please !!!! we will find our dogs hun xxxxx get on the yahoo groups i have given you and get a site built like i have , here is mine http://finddannyandlulu.tripod.com/
go to the press!!!!!!!!!!!
hi no we wont give up on them there mine and i want them back have put them on both those site will make webpage for em as well thanks ever so much

for your support think them travellers no more then there letting on tho at lincoln so will bug them till they do wanna let on as well.

Back