The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Help...hyper Pup To Show Dog.

cairo

Registered
Reaction score
hi, having solved the dew claw issue...can anyone give advice on how to turn oscar from hyper pup into show dog in just 6 weeks?

Well actually show dog is being a bit optimistic.....reasonably still would be fine!!!

And finally are judges lenient with pups or do they still expect them to stand perfectly?

a judge should take in to account that you have a puppy and will not expect you to have a little statue. That said he will have to stand still long enough for the judge to assess him and move well when asked. Hope this helps

I would prefer to watch a puppy class and see signs of a pup enjoying themselves, to a whippet "statue" who has been bored to tears by over training

Claire said:
a judge should take in to account that you have a puppy and will not expect you to have a little statue. That said he will have to stand still long enough for the judge to assess him and move well when asked. Hope this helps
I would prefer to watch a puppy class and see signs of a pup enjoying themselves, to a whippet "statue"  who has been bored to tears by over training

oh gosh ...am new to all this..moving well?

whats that?

Why don,t you go to a Open show or Champ show to see how its done,when the whippets are being judge.I,m sure someone will help you and go through everything for you :thumbsup: Also as quoted in the other thread try and go to a ringcraft,which will teach you and your dog how to show.

The judge will ask you to move your dog around the ring - Preferably on all 4 feet !

Ringcraft classes will help you & the puppy with this and other things you may not have thought about. There should be one in your area. Go along I am sure you will get great advice & make some friends too.

Claire said:
The judge will ask you to move your dog around the ring - Preferably on all 4 feet !
Ringcraft classes will help you & the puppy with this and other things you may not have thought about. There should be one in your area. Go along I am sure you will get great advice & make some friends too.

What all 4 feet at once!!!!!

I`m pretty convinced that oscar thinks that he`s a flamingo or something!

Thanks for advice and will let you know how we get on.....at the very least we should have a good day out and it will be lovely to see how it should be done :p

:unsure: but we got dogs from the same litter and Eskil doesn't have dew claws.

Noise said:
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: So you and Cairo both have puppies from the same litter,your has got the dew claws removed but Cairo has not????

hey i was in your shoes once and somone who id never met before apart from little convo before i went into the ring helped me out in the ring telling me to put her leg bit further back and stuff so dont worry so much about it just go have fun i was bit like you was so scared we was guna mess it up AND WE DID :lol: :lol: but i dun care it was all fun :cheers:

nicky12 said:
hey i was in your shoes once and somone who id never met before apart from little convo before i went into the  ring helped me out in the ring telling me to put her leg bit further back and stuff so dont worry so much about it just go have fun i was bit like you was so scared we was guna mess it up AND WE DID :lol:   :lol: but i dun care it was all fun  :cheers:
Pity i miss it too,DAM!!!!! :- " :lol: :lol:

daledogs said:
Noise said:
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: So you and Cairo both have puppies from the same litter,your has got the dew claws removed but Cairo has not????

I just looked at pics I have from other two of Eskil's litter mates that I took when I first visited and they don't have dew claws.

unless the 5th toe on the front paws counts as dew claw, Eskil has those

Noise said:
daledogs said:
Noise said:

I just looked at pics I have from other two of Eskil's litter mates that I took when I first visited and they don't have dew claws.

unless the 5th toe on the front paws counts as dew claw, Eskil has those

That's what they mean by dew claws. The 'thumbs' on the front paws.

Wendy

Permission from Noise to put this photo of the pup,as you can see there are dewclaws

You think you're having problems the terrible twins have their first show on Sunday. At ringcraft last night Amber did an impression of Aunty Rosie and went up the mats on 2 legs and Simba decided he was scared of everything and everyone :oops: and crept around hiding behind Ben. Mind you some idiot was setting fireworks of along the road and they had never heard fireworks before. :rant:

Guess which one I'm making Ben show on sunday (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
oakmoorehill said:
You think you're having problems the terrible twins have their first show on Sunday. At ringcraft last night Amber did an impression of Aunty Rosie and went up the mats on 2 legs and Simba decided he was scared of everything and everyone  :oops: and crept around hiding behind Ben. Mind you some idiot was setting fireworks of along the  road and they had never heard fireworks before. :rant:
Guess which one I'm making Ben show on sunday (w00t)

don`t blame you...i`m thinking of asking a passer by to help out!!!!

Oscar hasn`t even been to ringcraft and is so BOUNCY i dread to think what will happen.

nicky12 said:
hey i was in your shoes once and somone who id never met before apart from little convo before i went into the  ring helped me out in the ring telling me to put her leg bit further back and stuff so dont worry so much about it just go have fun i was bit like you was so scared we was guna mess it up AND WE DID :lol:   :lol: but i dun care it was all fun  :cheers:

thanks..that makes me feel a bit better..

he really is incredibly confident and BOUNCY and am SURE he`ll mess up as he just loves to run and mess around.

Perhaps we`ll get lucky and get a judge with a very speedy hand and bad eyesight!!!

Still,we`ll have a good day out and get to see loads of other whippets so it will be worth it.

I'm just so happy the handsome Oscar is coming showing.

He is a poppet and so good at training class- loads of energy and learns fast.

He'll be fine and I'm sure he will enjoy it.

anne

Back