The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Hello From Ireland!

whippetwise

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Sarah and I am from the east coast of Ireland I am 32 and live on my own, I currently have no pets, no not even a goldfish! :blink: Its the first time in as many years that I have not had a pet of my own, I lost the last of my pets, my cat, a couple of months ago. I am mad about animals and I foster dogs regularly for a local animal charity so although I dont have any of my own, I always have dogs in the house :) . I have a huge soft spot for sighthounds and whippets are my favourite :wub: I will be looking for a whippet of my own in time and I am here to learn as much as I can about the breed. My family have two adorable lurchers and they come and stay with me too sometimes, here they are

run.jpg

lovely pic of dogs enjoying themselves,welcome to k9 :D

welcome to k9 sarah,you will get lots of info here :thumbsup:

love the pik of your familys lurchers :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fantastic shot.... :cheers: Welcome to K9... :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to k9

I love your country you are very lucky to live in Ireland

Love the picture too :thumbsup:

Lillibet

Hi and welcome to K9! :cheers:

Not sure which bit of Ireland you're in, but we had a holiday in Northern Ireland this summer and loved it so much that we are thinking of going again next year. :) Lovely beaches for the dogs to run on. :D

Hi Sarah

Where exactly do you live in Ireland? We are in County Armagh but travel all over Ireland showing our whippets, terriers and cavaliers. (w00t)

That's a super shot of the two lurchers :thumbsup:

Hello and Welcome :cheers: I have no doubt that you will love this site :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I am living in co wicklow, its along the east coast of Ireland and it is lovely here. All your dogs look fab. I cant wait to be owned by a whippet. :wub:

louiejoe said:
Hi Sarah
Where exactly do you live in Ireland? We are in County Armagh but travel all over Ireland showing our whippets, terriers and cavaliers.  (w00t)  

That's a super shot of the two lurchers  :thumbsup:

Please can someone from Ireland tell me what to expect different to the UK if I can convince my husband we should move there ?

Have visited and done the munster circuit , love the people and the country and as he races greyhound's and I show Italian's I think it would suit us.

Our house is on the market'

Thanks Lillibet

Not sure really depends where in Ireland you want to move. If you want to live in Dublin the price of houses are shocking, take a look at www.daft.ie Im not sure about Northern Ireland but this site will give you an indication of property prices in different areas and also the cost of renting.

whippetwise said:
Not sure really depends where in Ireland you want to move. If you want to live in Dublin the price of houses are shocking, take a look at www.daft.ie Im not sure about Northern Ireland but this site will give you an indication of property prices in different areas and also the cost of renting.
Around the Clonmel area , Southern Ireland as there are Tracks at Limerick, Tralee ,Clonmel.

Thanks for the reply

Lillibet

well come to K9 I am a new member too and have come completly huck as mt daugter jade has too. :luck:

Good luck with finding a whippet they are a great breed of dog too choose :)

Welcome to K9 =]

Keep us all postedd

Jade xx

Back