The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Healthy ,glossy Fur

sugarpie

Registered
Reaction score
hi, can anyone advise me on how to get the dry looking fur on my 2 yr old speyed female shiny? she was very under- weight when we rescued her in april. her weight now is as it should be :D

i give her tinned oily sardines twice a week and add a little olive oil to her complete food about 3 times a week. i groom her every couple of days too.

thanx

sugarpie said:
hi, can anyone advise me on how to get the dry looking fur on my 2 yr old speyed female shiny? she was very under- weight when we rescued her in april. her weight now is as it should be :D i give her tinned oily sardines twice a week and add a little olive oil to her complete food about 3 times a week. i groom her every couple of days too.

thanx

Try raw egg + milk with 1/2 teaspoon of codliver oil

ps that's to eat not rubbed in!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would agree- eggs do wonders for the coat

go to your fishmonger and get some mackerel or herrings.full of lovely oils that do wonders for a dull coat.if your dog is scurfy or has dandruff we used to give our dobermanns brylcreem anti dandruff for me,small blob rubbed between the palms of your hands then massaged into the coat,deep down so it gets to the skin.the massage does them good to as it stimulates the skin and makes it more healthy.hope this is of help ;)

An evening primrose oil capsule in every meal, regular grooming and don't expect results for 4-6 weeks minimum. Bear in mind that diet often affects coat condition and sometimes a change can make a difference - Chudleys is good for scurfy dogs I believe.

Back