The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Gutted

jane bone

Registered
Reaction score
i have been in and out of hospital the past 2 weeks with phnuemonia,went to the docs today to see how i was doing had to have my check up anyway thats not what i am gutted about.To cut it short i wont be 100% alright for at least 3 months.My partner couldnt look after my greyhounds properly and had to get in touch with the lad i got them off.Anyway he came and took them whilst i was in hosp.I wasnt pleased about this but didnt want the dogs to suffer.Whilst at the docs i made an oppointment at the vets for sasha,Her teats had started to swell,but this didnt worry me as she was in season about 5 to 6 weeks ago.But i had noticed she had a creamy discharge,so i decided whilst out id have her checked over.I took her to the vets i have had for 15 years or so.He did a great job on Busters pulled ligament now there is no limp in his leg.Well he checked her over and said she was in pup.No way i told him she aint even been mated.So i booked her in for a scan this afternoon,to my horror she was 4 weeks gone.Anger werent the word.So off home i went to consult the house hold.Id just lost 2 greys i loved to bits.Now this.Anyway when i started with a cold about 4 weeks ago i was out with my step son.Sasha was kept in the kitchen whilst she was in season,because she was a little bu..er on the sofa,this we dont mind but not whilst in season.Buster was out in the garden having his exercise.Kane my grandson was in the kitchen playing with sasha,he had opened the back door and let my bitch out.He came in and was watching the telly.No one thought any thing was a miss,till 45 minutes later when kane had to say bye to his nan and sasha,it was then he said no sasha is playing with bruno and izzy.When i got back no one had mentioned this.Only found out today.Kane is only 2 an half so knew no better.The vet said he could do a spay on my bitch and take the pups.I had a long think but couldnt do it.If she was a week gone i would of concidered it.But a vets job is to save animals,or if i knew that day i would of had the next day injection done.Gutted,upset aint the words id use.I know i will find homes because of who the dad is.A few of my mates want a pup.But i lost 2 dogs cos no one could care for them now this.My partner is disabled with artheritise.I am glad in one way i am ill cos i was going to teach sasha to jump fences and gates,also to train in track scenting for next years shows in field work.But most of all there is enough greys and lurchers out there wanting rehoming.I have just added to the problem.As far as i know buster has a new home and izzy is staying with the lad who came for them.But i have wrote this to let people know how easy it is for a bitch to get caught.Dont leave them with kids.Gutted aint the word just hope i can find homes and all is well with bitch an pups. :rant:

OMG what a mess for you :(

I can imagine how livid you must be about this. It certainly isn't going to help your recovery.

Let's hope that she has a small litter and that all goes well for her :luck: :luck:

Sounds like you're going to have your work cut out over Christmas :sweating:

sounds like youve had a rough time of it latley hun ,sit down have nice stiff drink and think to the future it sounds like your other dogs have found good homes ,all you can really do nowis do whats best for your bitch and her puppies (wen they arrive )chin up hun these things happen ,you wont be the first its happened to and certinly wont be the last ,sounds like ya need a cwtch ,here ya o hun :huggles: :huggles:

nicky12 said:
sounds like youve had a rough time of it latley hun ,sit down have nice stiff drink and think to the future it sounds like your other dogs have found good homes ,all you can really do nowis do whats best for your bitch and her puppies (wen they arrive )chin up hun these things happen ,you wont be the first its happened to and certinly wont be the last ,sounds like ya need a cwtch ,here ya o hun  :huggles:   :huggles:
thanks i didnt want to put it in cos i didnt want the hassel as ive got off some sites but i want folks to know how easy it happens as for a stiff drink i wish, i will be on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks.But thanks to all ,yous have been great.Just what i needed.Just came at the wrong time.But this is uaualy the case.Thanks again.

I hope all goes well with the pups and you

can find good homes for them all.

Here's to your health improving as well :luck:

Hope you are on the mend soon. I'm sure all will go well with the pups and that you will find good homes for them. :huggles:

Thanks to all of yous for being there you dont know how much it means.Feeling better today about pups.Got 5 definate homes already.Thank yous all. :huggles:

jane bone said:
Thanks to all of yous for being there you dont know how much it means.Feeling better today about pups.Got 5 definate homes already.Thank yous all. :huggles:
thats fab news hun :cheers:

nicky12 said:
jane bone said:
thats fab news hun :cheers:
Things are looking up a bit then Jane? :D

I was trying to work out who may be the dad ..... Buster or Bruno?

Hope she just has the 5 pups, hun :thumbsup:

I know excatly how you feel :( my bitch was in pup unplanned which was a huge shock to me and went on to have 12 pups by c section, they all survived and every one of then got lovely homes. Good :luck: and i hope your feeling better very soon. Clare :huggles:

glad your feeling better and am sure everything will turn out ok. :huggles:

Hope you are on the road to recovery :) Good luck with the puppies :luck: :luck:

hope all goes well sure you will cope and get the best homes for them

now how about some pics of mum and dad :wub: to keep us all going till the lovely little bundles arrive :huggles: :huggles: :wub:

Back