The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Greyhound Left To Die In Police Kennels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jools

Registered
Reaction score
:rant: Just heard on the news. A greyhound was found dead 10 days after being found as a stray and being put into police kennels - and forgotten about. This happened on Jan 2nd in Dalkeith in Midlothian. :rant:

Those responsible should be jailed for cruelty.

jools said:
:rant: Just heard on the news. A greyhound was found dead 10 days after being found as a stray and being put into police kennels - and forgotten about. This happened on Jan 2nd in Dalkeith in Midlothian. :rant:
Those responsible should be jailed for cruelty.

... and then forgotten about! :rant:

i saw this surely someone must have heard it bark over the first couple of days, it is heart breaking to think how this dog must have suffered. :rant:

Words fail me, almost.

For those of us who care we might wish to contact the following to express views:

complaints.conduct@lbp.pnn.police.uk or tel. Lothian and Borders Police. E Div. HQ 0131 663 2855.

lamping man said:
Words fail me, almost.For those of us who care we might wish to contact the following to express views:

complaints.conduct@lbp.pnn.police.uk or tel. Lothian and Borders Police. E Div. HQ 0131 663 2855.

have sent a rather strong e-mail stating amongst other things that had this been a member of the public they would have been charged with crulety & neglect, i also said i dont expect any actions will be taken against the police. :rant:

well you cant expect the bastrds to hear a dog cry whilst they watch videos or play snooker now can you. paid for prancing round in uniforms like they are something....yup they are i suppose..."scum"

I heard this on the radio this morning and couldn't believe what I was hearing! How can you forget about a dog!!!!! I bet nothing happens to those that are respomsible, I wonder if the RSPCA or any other group will take action? I Doubt it!

Bunch of preverbial ....... :rant:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I just can't come up with words to describe whats I'm thinking.

What upset me the most was when it said, it would have died in silent agony. :(

Horrible. I hope those responsible are charged with animal cruelty. Poor thing. :(

:rant: I've NEVER had any faith in the police force - but this is APPALLING and they should be prosecuted like any other member of public :rant:

Absolutely despecible !!!!!!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Those who let this happen should be charged for it !

Words fail me. :rant: :rant: :rant:

RIP Poor Greyhound.

How tragic, how awful for that poor dog.

I've sent an email to them.

:( I've emailed their complaints department saying that their 'investigation' needs to be without 'prejudice in favour' of the officers and that the investigation results need to be made public for us to retain any faith that it's handled properly.

I've also contacted the SSPCA (Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) to add weight the public shock.

I don't know what else to do - if they keep the results of the investigation to themselves they are literally 'getting away with murder'.

Greyhounds don't tend to bark on their own and anyway it was probably too weak. If only it could have managed to bark they may or may not have heard it anyway.

This whole thing has sickened me to my stomach. What a horribly way to die.

The cruelty our society inflicts on animals just breaks my heart - sometimes I do wish punishment was 'like for like' and I'm generally a pacifist! :(

disgusting. Just heard about this on the news.

Makes me physically sick. :rant:

I've been sent this link

Daily Record

There's not much that gets me really riled but this is one of them

Maybe the people concerned could be left in the same circumstances for ten days without food or water.

It makes me feel so bloody useless knowing that nothing can be done for the poor dog.

Let us hope (knowing full well that it won't) that lessons will be learnt and no other dog will suffer a similar fate.

God how the hell do you FORGET about a dog :rant: :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back