The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Grey Hound Wanted

havok

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for an ex racing greyhound. at present i have two dogs a lurcher and a ex racer. we all go on regular holidays and have greate fun running up and down the beach. The boys are both 7 and would like a new freind about the same age. The new freind must be comfortable around them and children as i have an 8 year old daughter. :huggles:

Whereabouts are you?

There are quite a few gorgeous greyhounds of 7 yrs + on the Oldies Club website.

I also know of a lovely 5 year old greyhound bitch who needs to be rehomed through no fault of her own - excellent with other dogs and children. She is in Essex - let me know if you want any further details.

Dont know where you live but there are 3 gorgeous greys at the Dogs Trust in Liverpool. Alos a pure white lurcher girl (stunning). Also you could try greyhoundgap (www.greyhoundgap.com). They are always looking for good homes for thier rescued grayhounds. They are a freindly bunch and would be happy to speak to you im sure.

havok said:
I am looking for an ex racing greyhound. at present i have two dogs a lurcher and a ex racer. we all go on regular holidays and have greate fun running up and down the beach. The boys are both 7 and would like a new freind about the same age. The new freind must be comfortable around them and children as i have an 8 year old daughter. :huggles:
I have a lovely bitch you cab have. She's jet black, great with my 3 kids (ages from 4-7) and great temprement

i would second the reference to greyhoundgap. you will get THE BEST support and back up there and will find absolutely the right dog for you. :thumbsup:

For the Yorkshire area there is Tia Greyhound rescue at Sowerby Bridge nr Halifax.

They do a great job :thumbsup: and usually have a vast amount of greyhounds that need a loving home. :luck: Good luck with your search.

Tina

Back