The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Greetings everyone!

Steeleye Span

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I'm Gill and I live in rural Kent (East Sussex Border) with my partner and our two Border Collies Gemma (nearly 11) and Pearl (almost 2).

all around my hat! ;)

love the name btw!

anyway welcome to this lovely corner of the net. :)

Hello Gill and welcome to Dog Forum :)

I am Anna and I would love to see some pics of your dogs!!

23405Wesoongettired.jpg
This is Tara and Veda who were known as The Gruesomes. They were litter mates and my ex partner and I insanely thought that it would be a good idea to have two puppies from the litter!

Sadly, Veda developed an intestinal tumour (histiocytic sarcoma) in 2010 and following a few chemotherapy treatments had to be given sleep on 20th December 2010, aged 5years and 9mths :(

Veda was my Bestest Boy and yesterday would have been his 8th birthday...I still miss him so much...He was a very, very special boy.

Tara now lives with my ex partner :(

What a sad story :- ( there are done that wrap their paws around put heart and never let go aren't there?

IMG00088-20110605-1128.jpg

This is Gemma who came to live with us on 20th November 2010 (one month before Veda was given sleep) because her very elderly owner, who lived in our village, died. She really is my Precious Gem. Veda really liked Gem and I think he appreciated the companionship of another canine in his final weeks.

IMG00096-20110605-12431.jpg

This is Pearl when she was a puppy. Her mum is the litter mate sister of Tara and Veda who stayed with the breeders and Pearl and her three sisters were born on 2nd April 2010. After very careful consideration I decided that she should have a home with us...I'm so glad I made that decision...It was definitely the right one.

Sorry about the fuzzy photos but I wanted you to see my canine family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the photos and a belated welcome to the forum!

Got some dog-owning friends you can encourage to come and join in? Spread the word :)

Back