The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Goodbye.....peggy

haycroft

Registered
Reaction score
Today i had Peggy pts

Peggy has been going down for a while now and taking back and forth from the vets

as some of you are aware that she had a accident on the coursing field two years old which damaged her spinal cord and made her paralysed on her hinds legs, luckily with good treatment she had a good quality of life, also this year she had her toe removed

she had blood test done on wed due to her being sick and loosing weight

This morning i knew there was something wrong, not eating , being sick and later diarrhea and very thin looking and no energy

After seveal phonecalls to the vet(my vet was at the track)..deep down i knew it was time to let her go...her eyes said it all

i couldnt put her through any more treatment as the vet believed that her immunity was breaking down as the bloods came back normal

she had a very high temperture with cold feet

her weight dropped from 11.1kg on wed to 10.6 today

so i have done the kindest thing of letting her go...with tears rolling down my face as she went peacefully in my arms

she was one in a millon and no other dog wiill ever replace her and when the time is right another will enter into our lives

Bow will now be spolit as she now has lost her buddy , she seems to be coping atm

miss you so much peggy
S8000627.jpg

Im so sorry to read this :(

TurboSpud_bridge.jpg

Oh jane im so sorry to hear this, i too have tears for such a gorgeous girl that she was and i am pleased that i met her a few times over the last couple of years.

Stay strong jane,she will always be at your side xxx

RIP PEGGY you was one in a million :huggles:

What a terrible Shock Jayne, I'm so very sorry xxx lots of love to you, Bow, and all of your family

Run Free Peggy xxx

so sorry to hear this, you did the right thing for her, it's really hard, she sounds like a beautiful friend, sending you and Bow lots of hugs xxxx

Today i had Peggy pts
Peggy has been going down for a while now and taking back and forth from the vets

as some of you are aware that she had a accident on the coursing field two years old which damaged her spinal cord and made her paralysed on her hinds legs, luckily with good treatment she had a good quality of life, also this year she had her toe removed

she had blood test done on wed due to her being sick and loosing weight

This morning i knew there was something wrong, not eating , being sick and later diarrhea and very thin looking and no energy

After seveal phonecalls to the vet(my vet was at the track)..deep down i knew it was time to let her go...her eyes said it all

i couldnt put her through any more treatment as the vet believed that her immunity was breaking down as the bloods came back normal

she had a very high temperture with cold feet

her weight dropped from 11.1kg on wed to 10.6 today

so i have done the kindest thing of letting her go...with tears rolling down my face as she went peacefully in my arms

she was one in a millon and no other dog wiill ever replace her and when the time is right another will enter into our lives

Bow will now be spolit as she now has lost her buddy , she seems to be coping atm

miss you so much peggy
S8000627.jpg

Jayne, I am so sorry, hun, but I know you have made the right choice for your girl.

I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks and I wish there was something I could say to try and ease your pain :(

I was lucky enough to meet Peggy last Sunday - what a beautiful girl :wub:

Run free, little lady. Go with much love xxxxxxx

so sorry for your loss how brave of you to do the right thing for peggy :( :wub:

RIP Peggy :(

You did the right thing, you knew it was her time and you deserve alot of respect for that, try not to be sad, she has not gone but she is waiting, waiting untill the day you meet again :)

Oh Jayne ... I'm so very very sorry ... run free beautiful Peggy, one in a million :wub:

so sorry Jayne :(

R.I.P. Peggy :huggles:

Run free little girl

runningrainbow.gif

Im s sorry you have lost your Beautifal girl too. Im going through that right now too and it never gets any easier. No words can ever really explain the agony that you feel when losing a much loved pet. We all know its the best thing we can do for a ill pet and noone wants to see their best friend suffer.

RIP Little one.

Jayne I'm so sorry :- (

I know you'll all be devastated at loosing such an incredible girl. Anyone who had seen her at her best, when she was coursing wont forget watching her run because she was amazing. You gave her a fantastic life, and have always done the right thing for her.

Big hugs to you from everyone here. :(

Run free Peggy x

R x

Back