The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Good News !

Millie

Registered
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that

Pets at Home now sell AMP Chicken wings and Beef Chuncks.

The delivery driver told me that PAH wasn't keen to stock them as they don't think they will sell well, we (reading) only had a order of 3 bags Beef Cuncks, 2 Chicken wings, but I have a feeling they will start selling well ! :thumbsup:

Millie said:
Just to let everyone know that
Pets at Home now sell AMP Chicken wings and Beef Chuncks.

The delivery driver told me that PAH wasn't keen to stock them as they don't think they will sell well, we (reading) only had a order of 3 bags Beef Cuncks, 2 Chicken wings, but I have a feeling they will start selling well !  :thumbsup:

wot r they?

I have just been to our local PAH store and didn't see any chicken wings/beef chunks in their freezer department as yet - will keep looking though! They do have a very good deal on ProPlan complete foods and also Eukanuba if anyone feeds it - the proPlan is half price and the Eukanuba has £8 iff for a 15kg sack. I spend a fortune every time I go in PAH though as can't stop picking up loads of treats and toys - also love their pic n mix dog selection!

EMILY said:
I have just been to our local PAH store and didn't see any chicken wings/beef chunks in their freezer department as yet - will keep looking though!  They do have a very good deal on ProPlan complete foods and also Eukanuba if anyone feeds it - the proPlan is half price and the Eukanuba has £8 iff for a 15kg sack.  I spend a fortune every time I go in PAH though as can't stop picking up loads of treats and toys - also love their pic n mix dog selection!
Only came into ours today......... so it should not be long for yours.

I know what you mean about spending in there.......... Since starting work there I think most of my wages have gone back in there profits LOL :lol:

thay have them in our pets at home i got the beef chunks they were £5. 00 and something pence cant remember but the dogs love them . wendy do you know how much the chicken wings are .?

Think they were around the same price Teena :thumbsup:

Kim and Tilly said:
OOoooo do they deliver
you have to buy £50-worth though Kim. But you can collect from St Phillips, with a minimum order of £15.

Funny you should mention this because I picked up a bag of wings and a bag of beef chunks from PAH yesterday (w00t) so they must have just got them in. I think they were a lot less than £5 a bag though... just under £3 each in my local store.

~Helen~ said:
Kim and Tilly said:
OOoooo do they deliver
you have to buy £50-worth though Kim. But you can collect from St Phillips, with a minimum order of £15.

Funny you should mention this because I picked up a bag of wings and a bag of beef chunks from PAH yesterday (w00t) so they must have just got them in. I think they were a lot less than £5 a bag though... just under £3 each in my local store.

:eek: Well that is strange Helen because as far as I know all PAH stores have the same prices and promotions. Where they scanned through the till ?

How many chicken wings do you get in a P@H bag, roughly? Just wondering if it works out better value/cheaper than a value bag from Tesco? :)

Not sure on that one (Dessie should know ) one thing I do know they are a lot bigger :thumbsup:

Millie said:
~Helen~ said:
Kim and Tilly said:
OOoooo do they deliver

:eek: Well that is strange Helen because as far as I know all PAH stores have the same prices and promotions. Where they scanned through the till ?

:b I'm so sorry I've just looked at my till receipt and that's me not paying attention - I got confused because I bought minced chicken for £2.85 as well and that price stuck in my mind. The chicken wings were a gob-smacking £5.99!!!!!!! Not sure how many are in there, I'll check next time I go out to the freezer, but Sainsbury's do an economy tray of 10 for £1.09.

When I buy direct from AMp and go collect it myself, the wings are £3.99 and the beef chunks are £3.39 :thumbsup:

My lot also love poultry necks and heart chunks :x My cat steals the heart chunks if he gets a chance so I have to put a lid on whatever I'm defrosting :lol:

~Helen~ said:
The chicken wings were a gob-smacking £5.99!!!!!!! Not sure how many are in there, I'll check next time I go out to the freezer, but Sainsbury's do an economy tray of 10 for £1.09.
Tesco do trays of about 14 (fresh) wings for £1.28, so for £5.99 the bag would have to have at least 55-60 wings in it? Does that sound bout right?

Last edited by a moderator:
i might be tempted but i really frightened of them choking!...i buy all their other stuff but not any bones yet :b

I used to worry about giving chicken wings etc til it dawned on me that mine will often go into "mighty hunter" mode and scavenge various dead things when walking either in the hills or along the river.Final convincer was the lurcher munching happily away on discarded deer legs(three days in a row) with no ill effects..... :- " except to my blood pressure!

All of mine have now been happily consuming chicken wings and other raw stuff for about a year now with the very positive effect that it is so much easier to pick up after them.

LasVegasNo1 said:
~Helen~ said:
The chicken wings were a gob-smacking £5.99!!!!!!! Not sure how many are in there, I'll check next time I go out to the freezer, but Sainsbury's do an economy tray of 10 for £1.09.
Tesco do trays of about 14 (fresh) wings for £1.28, so for £5.99 the bag would have to have at least 55-60 wings in it? Does that sound bout right?

Uh - no!! Probably 20 max? I'll be out there tomorrow with my head in the freezer, counting away :lol:

~Helen~ said:
Millie said:
~Helen~ said:
Kim and Tilly said:
OOoooo do they deliver

:b I'm so sorry I've just looked at my till receipt and that's me not paying attention - I got confused because I bought minced chicken for £2.85 as well and that price stuck in my mind. The chicken wings were a gob-smacking £5.99!!!!!!! Not sure how many are in there, I'll check next time I go out to the freezer, but Sainsbury's do an economy tray of 10 for £1.09.

When I buy direct from AMp and go collect it myself, the wings are £3.99 and the beef chunks are £3.39 :thumbsup:

My lot also love poultry necks and heart chunks :x My cat steals the heart chunks if he gets a chance so I have to put a lid on whatever I'm defrosting :lol:

which store do you go to helen?? eastville or another one?

Do you feed your stuff raw or do you cook it?

~Helen~ said:
LasVegasNo1 said:
~Helen~ said:

Uh - no!! Probably 20 max? I'll be out there tomorrow with my head in the freezer, counting away :lol:

:lol: ... although if there is only 20 - bit of a rip-off?? :eek: (w00t)

Kim and Tilly said:
~Helen~ said:
Millie said:
~Helen~ said:
Kim and Tilly said:
OOoooo do they deliver

which store do you go to helen?? eastville or another one?

Do you feed your stuff raw or do you cook it?

Eastville or Abbey Wood :thumbsup: but I think it sounds like you get a better deal on AMP's own products if you go direct to AMP on Albert Rd in St Phillips :thumbsup: You have to email them with an order (check out their website in FAQ Feeding)

I always give my two everything raw, except sometimes I might give them a bit of cooked veg from ours and obviously I cook stuff like rice or pasta which they have occasionally.

Hey - I met a new whippet today at Blaise and they're hopefully going to come along to Ashton Court on 11th :thumbsup:

Right that's enough thread hijacking :lol:

I think you'll find AMP are expensive for wings, they come in a 2kg bag, which even at £3.99 is more than most supermarkets sell them for.

You'll also find they no longer offer the 'Breeder' prices for home delivery, the last time I tried to order from them they quoted me their full retail price for all the £50. order, this is more than my local pet shop sells their products for so I now buy from him, madness?

Back