The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Good Luck @ Glamis Castle

peony

Registered
Reaction score
A weary sounding John just rang ......... his ferry left at 10 last night and after a short stop at a campsite in Kiltland, he drove on to Glamis Castle.

Apparently its an amazing venue and there has been no rain there :D . Seems John and the pointies are one of the first to arrive as the rings and track arent quite set up yet :- "

:luck: Good Luck to China and Colt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i am going up on sunday,,,unfortuntly will miss the racing,,,,but hopfully if john still there 2mmorow i might bump into him and get to see colt and china in the fleash

looking forward to it should be a good day

wish john all the best in the racing 2day :luck: :luck:

peony said:
A weary sounding John just rang ......... his ferry left at 10 last night and after a short stop at a campsite in Kiltland, he drove on to Glamis Castle.
Apparently its an amazing venue and there has been no rain there :D . Seems John and the pointies are one of the first to arrive as the rings and track arent quite set up yet :- "

:luck: Good Luck to China and Colt  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

(w00t) He's probably in the wrong field, :lol: :lol: thats why nothings set up yet. :lol:

Good luck John.

Last edited by a moderator:
gabbitas31 said:
peony said:

:luck: Good Luck to China and Colt  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

(w00t) He's probably in the wrong field, :lol: :lol: thats why nothings set up yet. :lol:

Good luck John.

LOL ....you have just reminded me of the gazebo session at Worcester lol

i was at , glamis today , met john , colt & china , unfortunatly there was no racing there today , as according to the committee there was something wrong with there lure , had a good craic with john , the championship was a farce today as only 5 dogs turned up , 2 being mine , unfortunatly mine did'nt win , the judge picked (in my opinion ) a brindle dog that was a little out of condition , but thats the choice of the judge , as not having had my hands on it , i could'nt feel what he did , but congratulations to the winner .

hopfully they might have the lure going 2day,,long way for people who have traveled, for he racing side of things,,,( things like this happens somtime,s mostly wen u dont want it to happen )

if my lure wasnt at kirkcaldy club i would have tooken it up 2day,too ar away for me to get it :b

whippeteerThe1st said:
hopfully they might have the lure going 2day,,long way for people who have traveled, for he racing side of things,,,( things like this happens somtime,s mostly wen u dont want it to happen )

if my lure wasnt at kirkcaldy club i would have tooken it up 2day,too ar away for me to get it :b

Good luck Robert. i know theres no Lurcher racing or showing on today as thats why i opted to fire back home last night again...but i reckon if enough of you approached the Terrier Club who were running the show theyll probably give you a run. I think its about time the organisers got their arse into gear and and either try out their lure or have "back up".

Enjoy the fair aswell :thumbsup:

one day iam going to make a point of going to the show on a saturday,,,,but this year i dont think it matterd :eek:

was there any racing at all on saturday ???? or did the lure not work full stop stomy??

having said that i enjoyed my day out,,,must have been a good 2 to 3 thousand people there 2day

was heading home past the main ring wen i relised there was going to be a fun run behind the lure,,,,so i thought why not,, ill stick my black pup in he ran straight and there was a few whippets in his line up he nearly ran out the other side of the ring once he got a bit of speed up :lol: , then i thought fawn ones turn buddy a couple of greys in his line but none chased the lure so buddy ran a solo :lol:

then i stuck white parti in zac,,,,his line up was easy a couple of spanials :lol:

but iam glad i went as it was worth watching wee lukes face wen he tryed his hands at the child handling with his grandad,s terrier

pic 1 ( iam trying to keep her on a short lead dad ) :lol:

pic10-9.jpg

pic 2 ( job done dad that was easy and grandad not getting the rossette ) :thumbsup:

pic2-19.jpg

The dog that won Scottish Champion, Tigger; I put up as Champion at Neilston Show. It's good to see a genuine working dog winning prestigious shows ! Well done !

Cheers.

whippeteerThe1st said:
one day iam going to make a point of going to the show on a saturday,,,,but this year i dont think it matterd :eek:
was there any racing at all on saturday ???? or did the lure not work full stop stomy??

having said that i enjoyed my day out,,,must have been a good 2 to 3 thousand people there 2day

was heading home past the main ring wen i relised there was going to be a fun run behind the lure,,,,so i thought why not,, ill stick my black pup in he ran straight and there was a few whippets in his line up he nearly ran out the other side of the ring once he got a bit of speed up :lol: , then i thought fawn ones turn buddy a couple of greys in his line but none chased the lure so buddy ran a solo  :lol:

then i stuck white parti in zac,,,,his line up was easy a couple of spanials  :lol:

but iam glad i went as it was worth watching wee lukes face wen he tryed his hands at the child handling with his grandad,s terrier

pic10-9.jpg

pic 2 ( job done dad that was easy and grandad not getting the rossette  ) :thumbsup:

pic2-19.jpg

Looks like my daughters dog Molly

maltby2008039-2.jpg

here,s a few more photo,s maybe about 10 pic,s didnt take alot of photos 2day mainly off the terrier,s

pic,s

pic4-12.jpg

pic6-16.jpg

pic7-15.jpg

pic8-14.jpg

pic3-18.jpg

pic11-10.jpg

pic12-10.jpg

milly said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

was heading home past the main ring wen i relised there was going to be a fun run behind the lure,,,,so i thought why not,, ill stick my black pup in he ran straight and there was a few whippets in his line up he nearly ran out the other side of the ring once he got a bit of speed up :lol: , then i thought fawn ones turn buddy a couple of greys in his line but none chased the lure so buddy ran a solo  :lol:

then i stuck white parti in zac,,,,his line up was easy a couple of spanials  :lol:

pic10-9.jpg

pic 2 ( job done dad that was easy and grandad not getting the rossette  ) :thumbsup:

pic2-19.jpg

maltby2008039-2.jpg

they do look alike geoff and hazel,,,,,,,,,,,unsure of breeding thou cos iam not a terrier man ,,,,i know my old man,s terrier was in the cross breed section of show ,,,,i asked him 2day wot it breeding was ,,cant remember wot he told me :b ,,,but knowing him it will have a bit of everything in its make up :lol: as he defiitly works his :thumbsup:

maybe pll,s on here that are into terrriers will have a rough idea,,,,,as iam usless at terrier breeds ,,,,, :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:
milly said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

pic10-9.jpg

pic2-19.jpg

maltby2008039-2.jpg

they do look alike geoff and hazel,,,,,,,,,,,unsure of breeding thou cos iam not a terrier man ,,,,i know my old man,s terrier was in the cross breed section of show ,,,,i asked him 2day wot it breeding was ,,cant remember wot he told me :b ,,,but knowing him it will have a bit of everything in its make up :lol: as he defiitly works his :thumbsup:

maybe pll,s on here that are into terrriers will have a rough idea,,,,,as iam usless at terrier breeds ,,,,, :thumbsup:

I know Molly's a Heinz variety :lol: abit of Patterdale I think :unsure: :lol:

dennned said:
i was at , glamis today , met john , colt & china , unfortunatly there was no racing there today , as according to the committee there was something wrong with there lure , had a good craic with john , the championship was a farce today as only 5 dogs turned up , 2 being mine , unfortunatly mine did'nt win , the judge picked (in my opinion ) a brindle dog that was a little out of condition , but thats the choice of the judge , as not having had my hands on it , i could'nt feel what he did , but congratulations to the winner .
If the winner of the Championship was out of condition, it don't say much either for the judge or the other dogs in the final.

whippeteerThe1st said:
a couple more
picture, 3 more

pic14-6.jpg

pic15-3.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

some great shots robert. i know the girl with the terrier and her bloke...baffie ? is that his name. ive had a bitve banter with him about being a "bluenose" lol

Back