The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Good advertising tips

jordandiesel

Registered
Reaction score
I am starting a new dog grooming business and would love any tips of advertising of it (nothing too expensive) I am happy to pay for flyers ect but only if they will be cost effective

Thanks

Social media is always a good place to start. You can set up a page free of charge and then get all of your friends to share it. It wont cost you a penny either.

Setting up your own website and paying a small fee so your web comes up at the top of a local search engine is always a good one too.

Flyers are good for places where you get a lot of people. Vets, dog training classes, agility classes etc. If you go to a training class with your own dog, you can offer the people in your class some discounted rates to get some business in straight away!

Approaching the people you know who have dogs is always good thing to do to get some immediate business, and again offering them an introductory/mates rates thing is always a winner!

Good luck with your new business.

Sophie x

Regarding ranking a website, it's a lot harder these days. Forget trying to rank for dog grooming, but instead go for dog grooming town, as in where you live. Ranking for local search terms is a lot easier.

Do you have a local online forum?

I also run a local forum and we have a pets group within the forum and although users aren't allowed to promote a business on the main forum, the rules are different in the pets group, where local pet owners may find the information about services useful. Lots of trainee groomers look for the appropriate dogs to act as models for their course learning and also offer introductory offers when new salons or mobile services are set up, and I know that the local dog owners appreciate this.

Good word of mouth promotion locally is the very best form of free advertising, so getting some fabulous looking dogs out into the community where they can be asked by other walkers who does their grooming is worth its weight in gold. Bear in mind that you will have a maximum capacity to how many dogs you can groom in a day in your space, so you don't need every dog owner locally, just a steady supply of happy owners who book in for the same slot every 6-8 weeks and you're home and dry :)

Good luck :)

Back